Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Price objections..which of these

companies do you think get more of it...Tupperware or Pampered Chef......for instance, I checked out Princess House, whoa, pretty but too expensive for me...so just wondering if anyone has gotten feedback to Tupperware of PC if there is a price objection hurdle to overcome? I"m sure there is but which one more of?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 AM
WAHM Regular

They are both equally pricey.....especially in this economy. People who need food storage will go to the market to buy the "glad" or "rubbermaid" ...definitely not as nice, but it is much more affordable. Gadgets...well, those are a luxury so if people can't afford them regardless of the price, they won't buy them. This economy takes its toll on things like this unfortunately. Especially with stores like TJ Maxx and Homegoods where all their stuff is top quality for a fraction of the price :-/
Old 02-19-2013, 05:13 AM
Super WAHM

I personally love both Tupperware and Pampered Chef - the quality of both are undeniable.

But, with the price objective for Tupperware, it is a little easier in my opinion to overcome because of the lifetime warranty of their products. - You could buy a piece for $1 at a yard sale that may have a warped lid or chip out of it or something and that company is going to replace it, whether you were the original buyer or not, with a comparable piece.

And, with Pampered Chef - I love their Hostess Benefits - when you host a show for them, you get a 10% discount on any other orders placed with them for an entire year, and that doesn't even have to be with the same Consultant.

Last edited by melissaferrell; 02-19-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lani7 View Post
companies do you think get more of it...Tupperware or Pampered Chef......for instance, I checked out Princess House, whoa, pretty but too expensive for me...so just wondering if anyone has gotten feedback to Tupperware of PC if there is a price objection hurdle to overcome? I"m sure there is but which one more of?
I think it depends upon the buyer and what they value. I agree that I really like Tupperware. We KNOW the quality is there. The downside is, you only need so much of it because it lasts forever and you only have so many leftovers. Now that they have the Glad disposable stuff, it makes it easier to send leftovers and things and not worry about getting it back. But for younger people who don't have their stash built up yet, they all need some Tupperware. Even if their Mom wants to give her some of hers, she will probably want the more fashionable stuff.

Pampered Chef is the same. They have some great gadgets and they hold up. You can find lower priced alternatives some places but they aren't the same-just like with Tupperware. I will say that Pampered Chef offers a more exciting variety of things for party goers to choose from but I think if you have a passion for what you are selling, that makes the difference.

I would prefer to carry TUpperware into a home to demo versus Pampered Chef simply because I don't want to wash dishes and cook

JMO
Leanne
Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Talking chuckling at wash dishes and cook.....

I love to cook so that's not any kind of problem for me...as for washing dishes....well it's has to be done customers don't like dirty used products
As for price hurdles Lahni.
It happens but most of those objection happen by people who aren't familiar with Pampered Chef products, the warranties they have and many people have products for 20 years or more. I have a stonware piece I bought in 1983. That's 29 years old. We live in a throw away society. People pay 29.99 for a skillet at Walmart and then in a year toss t in the t the trash and buy another skillet.Pampered Chef offers an alternative to that. We sell cookware that has a lifetime warranty. I can honestly say the "economy has NOT hurt my biz all that much. Poeple are spending more time at home and cooking more. They need quality products to do that. That where You and I come in.

Last edited by Selkie; 02-19-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:33 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
I love to cook so that's not any kind of problem for me...as for washing dishes....well it's has to be done customers don't like dirty used products
As for price hurdles Lahni.
You would just have to know how bad I am at being the dutiful wife when it comes to cooking and I despise cleaning too But if you have a passion for it, it doesn't seem like work I guess. It is a running joke in my family that when we have pot luck, they just ask me to bring plates and cups. One time I asked my husband what his favorite dish was that I had ever cooked him. He thought for about 5 minutes and finally said "Bacon". One of the things that I pay for with my 31 money is a cleaning lady. She comes every other week. I can somehow manage to keep things tidy a bit but I hate any kind of cleaning.

Honestly, I am just glad that my hubby likes me and we have fun together because as far as being any sort of house wife, well, that ain't me
Old 02-20-2013, 06:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Default I laughed outloud at that

Bacon made me snorkle my tea. I do love to cook. Which s probably why I love TPC. But you don't have t love to cook to sell PAmpered Chef. the recipes are so easy. Still giggling...

Last edited by Selkie; 02-20-2013 at 06:11 AM. Reason: fingers are slower than my brain
Old 02-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne McGarr View Post
You would just have to know how bad I am at being the dutiful wife when it comes to cooking and I despise cleaning too But if you have a passion for it, it doesn't seem like work I guess. It is a running joke in my family that when we have pot luck, they just ask me to bring plates and cups. One time I asked my husband what his favorite dish was that I had ever cooked him. He thought for about 5 minutes and finally said "Bacon". One of the things that I pay for with my 31 money is a cleaning lady. She comes every other week. I can somehow manage to keep things tidy a bit but I hate any kind of cleaning.

Honestly, I am just glad that my hubby likes me and we have fun together because as far as being any sort of house wife, well, that ain't me
I know this is going to sound strange to some (probably especially you Leanne) But I love to clean, well, used to any way. I loved the challenge of taking something that was so dirty and messy and turning it around into something tidy, beautiful, and clean. And I am also a bit (a lot) OCD when it comes to cleaning. Something that I have tried to live by for years, (that also found its way into my "cleaning routines) is that "I am not going to do something unless I do it 100%." However, for the last 7 years, being able to do much of anything (due to daily, excruciating and debilitating migraines), has diminished. So, because I can't do it at that 100%, I don't do any of it. So, I, too, have just broke down and hired a maid with my Thirty-One money And I have also just purchased (and became an Ambassador for) Plexus. Not for weight loss, but for the "side effects" of more energy and feeling better with less pain, so hopefully within a couple of months, will be able to get back to that "100% creed."

The point in all of that was to say that I envy those of you that feel well enough to be able to clean your own houses (or choose not to LOL!).
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
WAHM Master

I know there are women that love to clean. The truth is I don't hate to clean the kitchen. I hate mopping, vacuuming, dusting, windows, OH ! Bathrooms are the worst. I hate washing clothes. I don't mind folding them and putting them away. Hubby and I worked that out long ago. He washes and dries and I fold and put away. My SIL loves to clean. I admire that really.

I am so blessed in that long ago, I learned that I would rather speak up for who I actually am and be happy versus what society tells me I should be. I accept that some will consider me lazy or say things about me. That is the cost of being different. But what I found was that there are ALOT more like me out there. it is ok to say "I don't like doing that so I am willing to hire that out". Women today have such ridiculous expectations put upon them. They are getting the shaft with those demands. I remembered when I watched The Help (after I cried like a baby) I realized that even back then when women weren't expected to work full time, they still had people come in to help. Nobody thought anything about it. Now, you have to justify why you have someone come in to clean. I learned long ago that I hated to clean and I wasn't going to clean so if we were going to enjoy our home and not hide out in fear that someone would come over, I would have to hire someone. That has been one of the best decisions I ever made. For one thing, it gives hubby and I some accountability. He has to pick his clothes up off the floor so she can actually mop, etc. We enjoy our home now and can actually entertain and have people in.

At Conference, they put a phrase to it and I thought it was fabulous. One of the trainings was about Working Within Your Strengths. My strength is not cleaning. I didn't get blessed with that passion. My strength and passion is loving people and helping them realize they are good enough just the way they are. Nothing wrong with some standards in society but you can't let them take away who you are.

Well, that is my preaching for today folks !!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Super WAHM

Love it Leanne.

I personally developed a motto a couple of years ago when my abilities first started going downhill:

"You and anyone else are welcome at my house anytime you want to come over. BUT, if you want to come over and see a clean house, you better make an appointment"! LOL!