Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Which would you choose?

Say you could sign up with THREE direct sales companies. Which three would you choose?

I figured I could get a better idea this way instead of asking to name just one company because people will always only mention the one they are a consultant for. By mentioning three, you most likely have to choose one or two you are not affliated with.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 06:42 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Hi there. When I was looking around I found it really easy to eliminate things that I knew I didn't want to do. I don't wear makeup (I did sell skin care for several year but didn't have a drive to share them with everyone), I don't burn candles, I carry one purse till it wears out, I don't wear much jewelry, etc. and I had no desire to sell them to others. I know many women are very successfull selling jewelry, purses and candles, etc. - they just weren't for me.

I searched the DSA's website untill I found only one that truely matched up with my life/interests - SimplyFun's mission of smarter kids and stronger families through award winning game play (we used a play based therapy for my youngest son when he was little) - it was what I wanted more of for MY family. So I don't know that I could name 3 that I would consider personally joining but I do really like some of Blessings Unlimited's products (I had a party with them several years ago and got a padfolio that I still use regularly, a few pictures and a few gifts for the in-laws) and I think the newer Dansel in Defence is a unique concept but I know nothing about their compensation plans, etc.

Sorry that doesn't really fit your request. But I do encourage you to find what you can fall in love with. There will always be someone who isn't interested in whatever product you sell as well as the people who wish they had found you earlier because they love what your selling/sharing. Find a product you really like or that fits your interests, do your research and then dive in and give it your all. No's are a part of this business.... they get you closer to your next yes!

Good luck in your search and I hope some of the other ladies can help you better with 3 companies they would consider joining.

Amanda
Old 01-21-2013, 06:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Good question and a great way of asking it, too!

I'd definitely choose Origami Owl. I've been a designer for over a year and it has been sooooo good for me. I've met so many wonderful people with this company and have had a blast. Customers love the customizable lockets, too!

My second and third would be thirty-one and Scentsy. I don't really know much about them, except that I love their products and use both.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Super WAHM

Great question! We're quite limited in Canada with direct selling companies, but here it goes!

Well, first of all I will disclose that I am a consultant with Scentsy, but I have this as my first choice because I absolutely love it! My house smells great, because I've got my warmers on all day My friends and family love the Scentsy products, so it's been a very easy sell!

My second choice would be Pampered Chef - I'm not sure if they get a discount, but hey if they do it'd be worth it to sell!

My third choice would be to sell the ItWork wraps. How rewarding to help people lose weight! Plus I'd like to be one of those success stories.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Banned

Good question Since I am a candle lover, nothing better for myself them a candle business. Have been with a couple of others in the past, but found my home with SoyLicious.com. Love it!

If I was not interested in candles/melters, then my second choice would have to be Send Out Cards.
I came across it from a friend that used to be in another direct sales company with me years ago. She is doing quite well with SOC. I signed up as a customer to see what it's all about and I love it
It's so nice to design a beautiful, special card for someone, put their address in, and click! It's sent! It's also a great business to get involved with if you send out thank you notes to customers, birthday wishes to your downline, congratulatory cards, etc.

My third choice would probably be Country Gourmet Home. They not only have food, but but home decor and bath & body products. I used to do a food ds business years ago (Megan's Pantry) and did quite well. People LOVE food parties So I think Country Gourmet would be my 3rd choice. I have tried the products with a swap group I am in and they are very good

Best wishes,
Alison
Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Super WAHM

Great question! I would still choose Jamberry Nails first since I love the look of nice nails, but didn't want to go to salon and I can't apply polish to save my life. I love helping others get the same non toxic look. Next I would choose Pampered Chef to earn free products to help my husband's BBQ catering business. I think I would choose Scentsy next. I love my warmer/night light in my kitchen.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Regardless of what primary company I were to choose, I would sign up with SendOutCards also so I could use the system to help grow my primary company (and make a little extra money through SendOutCards.) - let me know if you would like a free trial.

The second company I would consider is Nerium (skin care). I haven't tried the product yet, but the results I see online are amazing.

For a jewelry company, I would choose Premier Designs Jewelry.

Last edited by dawnmo; 01-21-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:06 PM
WAHM Regular

I am not a consultant with anyone, but I would choose, in no special order:
Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, and Mia Bath and Body.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Super WAHM

Great question! It's really interesting to see what other people choose.

My first is my own company of course, Madison Handbags. Love the product, love the concept, and the people behind the company!

As for my other two...maybe Pampered Chef. I love the products but to be honest I don't think I could ever see myself doing a cooking show. I'm not sure people would want to eat what I cook . As for a third....hmm....maybe Stella and Dot?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 AM
WAHM Veteran

The more important question is which 3 would you choose and why? We can all tell you which we like but you're the one who will be operating your independent business. A far as which one, your opinion is the only one that matters. There is absolutely something fabulous about every company out there and there are challenges, both perceived and real, with every company. It's more important to find what you're drawn to, do independent research, and pick what you can stand behind.