Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 PM
WAHM Regular

I have just begun doing direct sales. I haven't noticed or even knew about this kind of thing happening. Rule breaking would be my biggest issue with this kind of issue also.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 AM
WAHM Master

I see both sides but I agree, it is sad. Because the ladies joined under this person most likely based upon the leader's assurances it was a good company. So for her to jump ship to something else basically says "Hey, there is the new opportunity that is even better!" Obviously, it could be that the original company went out of business. In that case, I have absolutely no issue with it. But I do think they should be honest in their dealings and say why they moved up so quickly.

I know when I left Lia Sophia to go to 31, it was a hard decision because when you work your way up it is hard to start over at the beginning. Also, you don't want to leave your team there. In my case, most of them had quit working anyway because of the issues that were going on. But still, it is difficult.

I was open about moving the 31 but didn't encourage them to come with me. I did invite my local gals to my 31 business debut a few months later because we had become friends and I felt comfortable doing that.

I think it is about being genuine and honest. If someone is essentially lying and saying look how easy it is to move up with this company then they aren't telling the truth and that is the biggest problem I have with it.

As someone stated above. You can be successful with most companies if you have a passion for the product and the company. How old they are doesn't matter.

JMO
Leanne
Old 03-16-2013, 09:47 PM
WAHM Regular

In this day in age, it is unfortunate that this is what people choose to do. It is apparently rampant enough that the company I joined actively trains against things like this and tries not to let anyone sign up if they know this is what they have done. It's a question of business ethics. To be honest, I would have trouble following someone who jumps ship like that because part of ethics is loyalty. If they're not loyal to their up-line or the company they decided to go with originally, what makes me think they have loyalty to me? Aside from all the other misleading things, I would wonder if they would drop me if I wasn't performing for one reason or another.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 PM
WAHM Regular

That would bother me too but it falls in the realm of things I can't control. When I worked out of the home, I let that kind of stuff bother me too much.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Agreed. I have seen this a lot while in direct sales. I suppose things like this can happen since there really aren't reprocussions.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Wow

I guess it is to be expected, I haven't seen it. I know alot of reps bounce around from company to company, I am just trying to work on the best "me" that I can . Just try to work with integrity, what you send out will come back to you ten fold
Old 03-19-2013, 07:09 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabimom View Post
When a sales director quits their company to go to another company and brings their downline with them- I am not sure why this bothers me so much, but it does. I know technically there are business legalities in place to discourage this, non-compete clauses etc., but they do it anyway.

All of a sudden, they are a top leader in the company they just joined and it makes it look like it is so easy to move up in the business. (yea, when you have 100 + people come with you) I know that may be an exaggeration, but I think you know what I mean

I do believe though that it is the nature of Direct Selling, people leave their companies and if they have a team of course they are not going to leave them behind.. Some team members will go and some will stay, but IMO it gives a false impression to new people to direct selling that it is easy to recruit and build an organization.

I guess it is just a pet peeve of mine. I suppose I can't expect a Director to start over from the beginning, talking to new people, holding parties and sponsoring like the rest of us!

Any thoughts?
I totally agree, this is my first time being a team leader in DS and had one of my head ladies leave and try and take her team. Luckily for me not everyone left but I felt like it was in horrible taste to email everyone and offer to buy their kit if they went with the competition. I have found that if people are under someone they will follow them to different companies, I have also found that even though someone can drag 30 people to a new company doesn't mean those 30 people will sell anything!