Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Any company really making money for their consultants

There was Herbalife, Cookie Lee, Silpada, Southern Living and few more where you hear consultants really making some big money but a lot of the other ones, seems like even though people work so hard, it's more like a hobby income..Just wondering out there, who you know of that seems to be making lots of money for their hard working consultants. Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 03:22 PM
WAHM Veteran

I don't know of any companies making money for their consultants, but I know of plenty of consultants who are making substantial money for themselves and earning full time incomes. Scentsy has numerous consultants whose only source of income for their family is Scentsy. Because we can't use any income claims in recruiting, we're limited in what we can say, but I do have first hand knowledge that it is not only possible, but is happening, and it's not isolated cases.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:50 PM
WAHM Fanatic

The level of income, and whether it's enough to sustain a family, is generally going to be directly related to how much someone works their business. While I am affiliated with one of the companies you listed that has had top earners featured in magazines, I think it's just as possible to be successful with lesser-known companies.

While I'm sure there are compensation plans that are less lucrative, in the long run, it's all about how you work your business!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Banned

Yes, I have to agree with the other two ladies. It all is how you work the business.. are you persistent and consistent every day? Do you love what your doing? Are you dusting off the dirt when you hit roadblocks and picking yourself right back up? Every business will have it's ups and downs, but the ones who plow through the down times and keep doing what they are supposed to be doing, will reap the benefits down the road. You have to be extremely passionate about your business to build it to the level you are speaking of. You not only have to retail products/services, you must build a large team and this can take several years. You have to also stay with and work with the go getters on your team.. you will know who they are The ones with the passion and drive like yourself. Most people quit and give up or don't treat it like a business. Those who work hard at it every day and build strong teams are the ones making a very lucrative income. Most people aren't making that strong income at all.. but everyone has the same chance.

Last edited by BellaCandleMom; 01-14-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:40 PM
WAHM Addict

Default Yes yes yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lani7 View Post
There was Herbalife, Cookie Lee, Silpada, Southern Living and few more where you hear consultants really making some big money but a lot of the other ones, seems like even though people work so hard, it's more like a hobby income..Just wondering out there, who you know of that seems to be making lots of money for their hard working consultants. Thanks..

Absolutely! I would love to sit down over a cup of online tea or coffee and show you!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Agree with the ladies above. The biggest misunderstanding in the industry is that this business is easy and money comes quickly. In most cases, there are simple systems in place to help distributors be successful but it still takes time, effort and persistence - which isn't always easy. Additionally, it's very important to stay committed to growing your business for more than a few months. You can make smaller amounts of money early on, but the longer term, residual income will come with the building of a larger team and customer base - which can take several years. Really...most people just give up too soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 AM
WAHM Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyCandleMom View Post
Most people quit and give up or don't treat it like a business. Those who work hard at it every day and build strong teams are the ones making a very lucrative income. Most people aren't making that strong income at all.. but everyone has the same chance.
Well said!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Registered WAHM

I just started with Paparazzi Accessories and I know my sponsor and her upline are making significant money. But, like the others stated above, they work their business every day and are very committed. Since the company is still fairly new, I am working hard every day to try and increase my business and will not give up.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Super WAHM

I have had a few people that have signed up to join my Thirty-One team and have worked the business as they should and are doing pretty well. Then I have had others who join, don't do a thing to get started and expect the business to come to them, and then when it doesn't, they quit.

Any DS business is just that, a business. You have to make the effort to work it every day, and that can be just a couple hours at any time during the day, or, I have some that work it 9-5. The most important thing is to make whatever hours you work, productive. Make those calls, get your hostess packets ready, advertise, etc. Even if you do it in 20-30 minute increments at different points throughout the day around whatever else you are doing, do something every day. If you do, then you will be successful at whatever DS company you choose to go with.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:04 PM
simplygina

Default Yes!

If you work hard in any business, and devote yourself to it, you can make a great income.

I have been with my company for 14 years, it only took me 3 years to surpass the six figure income mark -- but that was with A LOT of hard work. Lots of parties, lots of expo events, lots of traveling. I was in an unhappy marriage at that time, so I was married to my business -- it paid off but I don't recommend it for others You can have a happy balance and earn great money in the direct sales company of your choice, it does take hard work and commitment though.

Gina