Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:27 AM
WAHM Regular

I know this has been said, but I will reiterate it as it's been my experience as well - the money is absolutely there if you put in some time and effort. A typical "party" for me will be in the $600 range (sales total, not my own earnings), and quite a large percentage of that is my commission. And that's just the party aspect - there is also repeat ordering (a LOT of, as my business is a consumable product), online orders, and other consultants who have joined as part of my team!

Last edited by queenjody; 04-11-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 05:05 AM
WAHM Regular

Nerium is on fire. You can promote it by doing parties or promoting business to business.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Awesome WAHM

Absolutely! I know so many friends making great money in direct sales. One pal who sells candles did a million in sales last year. Another pal sells jewelry and makes multiple six figures. These are just two friends of mine although they did join at the very beginning like me .

Janette
Old 04-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Awesome WAHM

We already have people doing really well at South Hill Designs. For me personally, my income has increased every month, more than doubling this past month, and I've had promotions every month. It's possible if you work your business.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

I'm sure it's possible with most business but again, the whole point of this thread was mainly to find out which ones are doing it...Eg..Pampered Chef, I think there are many that is making money but I also think based on the compensation plan and market..I think if you take those same people working so hard in one company such as this and given they work just as hard as in another company, there would and can be a big difference.. Read the other post above...to keep saying that hard work is the key is kinda redundant..I think everyone knows that . There are just products that simply sells more and compensation that makes more money for their consultants simply cause they pay out more regardless of how hard you work.

At Jannett, which jewelry company is your friend with?
Old 04-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lani7 View Post
I'm sure it's possible with most business but again, the whole point of this thread was mainly to find out which ones are doing it...Eg..Pampered Chef, I think there are many that is making money but I also think based on the compensation plan and market..I think if you take those same people working so hard in one company such as this and given they work just as hard as in another company, there would and can be a big difference.. Read the other post above...to keep saying that hard work is the key is kinda redundant..I think everyone knows that . There are just products that simply sells more and compensation that makes more money for their consultants simply cause they pay out more regardless of how hard you work.

At Jannett, which jewelry company is your friend with?
I really do understand what you are saying here! I used to sell Discovery Toys and I felt like I had to work my butt off most months to just get my minimum sales. Of course that was WAY before the internet.

I have done MANY DS companies, and have never had a team before. This is the first time that I have joined a company(OO) that I really haven't done much but social media, and I tell ya it's on fire. I joined in Jan, and have 4 down lines already. I actually have people approaching me and asking if they can come in under me. My personal sales this month are already twice of last month end. And I have 2 more weeks! At this point, I haven't even done any home parties yet. I do have one booked in May, so I'll have to brush up on HOW to do one. LOL. I have to say, for the first time in my life, I really love my job.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks for sharing. Btwn, my last post, for anyone that read it, when I said look at post above, I wasn't referring to anyone specific who mentioned hard work but was referring to Ashley with Papparazzi who made some great points and also to the last one who just posted. Sorry, I can't see the name now as I'm typing.

I'm now actually considering Steeped Tea..Looks good from what i can tell. Thanks all.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Payingthebills

I'm not sure anyone ever made any money for me, per se, but I have done well for myself. It's all about what you put into it.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Agree! Passion is the answer

I don't have any idea what the hot companies are. But I do know that passion for your product can make all the difference. I will never go a day with out my product. ASEA gave me my life back. It is for that reason that I decided to start sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledb View Post
What it comes down to, is to be successful in a company, you need to enjoy what you are doing.

I know a ton of people doing well with Body By Vi. However, if I joined that company, I would not have the motivation to go out and sell it. It's not my passion, or interest. I have joined "hot" companies to see what the buzz is, and not gotten anywhere.

So start with your passion. Then research it to see how it will fit into your market place.
Granted, selling fishing worms isn't going to go well in a place where there is no fishing. So you need to keep logistics of the marketplace in mind.

And the "hot" companies often fade in and fade out. Jumping from biz to biz won't do you much good as you lose your team and have to start from scratch.

That said, the companies that are huge right now here are:

Body by Vi
It Works
Origami Owl

Tastefully Simple and Scentsy were huge for a while, but I wouldn't call them the hot, hot, hot anymore.

Another example of making your company the huge one. Beauticontrol was not heard of until a consultant moved here. After about 6 months, it was huge. Everyone was a consultant, and they were doing great, motivated. She moved away, and I don't know many people who do it anymore.

Good luck!

Debbie