Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 AM
Awesome WAHM

I didn't word it right in the beginning but if you keep reading I think what I was asking in the context made sense which was really what are the popular hot companies as someone else puts it. It's frustrating because I already acknowledge that it takes hard work but I still think there are companies where if you were to put 2 consultants who works exactly the same amount of hard effort and work. One will make more. And I do believe there are or we're certain companies that averaged more higher income consultants just because overrall they sold more. How complicated is my point to understand. I'm not saying that hard work is not a factor.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 10:28 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm sure it is frustrating and just from my perspective, I do understand what you are asking but I am not sure there is a guaranteed hot product. There are things that are popular but are hard to sell for some and some people can sell something that's a hard sell for whatever reason. To me, it's individual. The company can help set you up for success and passion and research is key. It does look like you have that and are doing that. This is just my opinion, right or wrong, and I look forward to the replies and seeing what success you find.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:42 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Kim Klaver had a great facebook post on this a few days ago (sorry...it's long):
"There's more money with X company. I'm thinking I should go there..."

A gent who was stuck in between companies told me this today...

Is there really more money in one company than another?

Yes and no.

YES: Residual income is normally based on the monthly orders (Group Volume - GV) of the reps in your (pay line) group. I mean the "qualifying" monthly product orders.

Company Orange has a $35/mo personal monthly qualifier order. Company Red has a $115/mo personal monthly qualifier order. If each pays out 20%, no question Company Red pays out more than Company Orange on a per-order basis.

(20% of $35 = $7. 20. 20% of $115 = $23.)

When the order amounts are bigger, the payout is bigger. Just like in real estate. You earn 5% of a $200,000 home sale ($10k). But when you earn 5% on a $500,000 home, the commish is a lot more - $25k.

(And of course there are way more $200k home sales than homes sold at $500k.)

So at this level - the monthly product purchase required - Company Red pays out more than Company Orange.

NO. Here's where the payout discrepancy is NOT true.

1. All else being equal, Company Orange will have a higher monthly order retention rate than Company Red - because the Orange's monthly $ requirement is lower. People with larger monthly $ requirements drop off faster - especially in tougher economic times. So Red's monthly orders need to be replaced more often to than Company Orange's.

2. The residual income of an NM business (the percent of one's Group Volume) is calculated, in 99% of companies, as about 5% of whatever that person's GV is. Regardless of pay plan type.

Here's the handy formula:

A. To earn $500/mo: $500/.05= $10,000 GV.

That is, you need $10,000 GV to earn $500/mo from your GV, assuming the roughly 5% payout most companies offer for this.

(One time bonuses for bringing in Reps/customers or coding bonuses are one-time pops which I'm not including here.)

B. To earn $5,000/mo: $5,000/.05 = $100,000/mo GV

This is where it all equals out. Because most NM companies pay out - regardless of pay play type - about 5% of the GV to a qualified rep - you need the SAME basic GV to earn the income you want in ANY company.

So whether you are piling in orders for $35/mo or for $115/mo, the bottom line is that it is the TOTAL of those orders, on which companies pays out the 5%. See what I mean?

You need $100k/mo in GV to earn $5k/mo, no matter if the monthly orders are $5/mo or $100/mo.

And while it may take fewer orders to get to $100k/mo if the orders are bigger, the bigger orders are also the ones where people drop off more often. The smaller orders result in fewer drop offs. Meaning more retention and less work finding replacements for the drop-offs.

Bottom line: Whether the orders are bigger or smaller, you need a certain total GV/mo to earn the income you seek. Since that number is usually about 5% of GV - assuming you are qualified with your own (or group) orders - it is the TOTAL monthly GV you need to build and maintain, that will pay you the income you want.

And in that way, no company pays out better than any other. They almost all pay out about 5% of your GV.

Phew.

Was that clear as mud?
******(end of Kim Klaver post)
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM
WAHM Master

The hot company for you will be the company that you can not only recruit the most people into, but that you can also train them to sell a ton.

There are people in every company who do well, and don't do well.

So join the company you feel others will also want to join. And one you want to be with for 10+ years, because the longer you are in it, the larger your team will be.

As I said, Body By Vi is the hot recruiting one right now. Will it be in 6 months? I don't know.

Narrow it down to your top 5 companies and then look at them. Look at what people are selling and how many people they are bringing in. That will give you the info you need.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks Debbie
Old 01-23-2013, 07:29 PM
WAHM Regular

For some the rejection is too much and they take it personally and quit way too soon. I love the analogy of going through a fast food drive thru and ordering a burger. When the salesperson asks if I want fries and a drink and I say 'no' I don't find them crumpled up on the floor because of my rejection. Thinking of this helps me take it and move on because it is not personal. Just stick with it.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Registered WAHM

I just joined this Forum (5 minutes ago!) & really appreciate the honest responses. I've been in direct sales skincare for almost 10 years for a part-time income - and I know women who are also in this as a business and really "work it" and make a full-time living. All the companies are different - I think if you choose to represent a company and a product that really "fits" your ethics and your lifestyle, you'll do well no matter what. But you have to love what you're selling to be successful - be a true "representative" - not just a "salesperson..." ;>)
Old 01-27-2013, 01:20 PM
WAHM Regular

I agree with the others that you have to treat your business like a business and work at it everyday! I decided to work my business on a full-time basis and am realizing that the extra time that I am putting in is really paying off!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

This has been great discussion. It is about doing things like a business. I also think it starts with finding that thing that you are passionate about and a company that you love. With those two things, I'm finding it easy to share the story and help others see the potential. It's hard not to be passionate about it if you're doing something you love.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Default My 2 cents...

I know people (personally) who are still raking in great paychecks with Vault Denim, Arbonne, Melaleuca, and Herbalife....I realize those are all companies that ave been around a while! I also have a friend who stills sells Avon but, I don't think things have been going well lately. My friends that used to sell Thirty-One and Scentsy have all quit....but, I am assuming maybe they just weren't all that into it in the first place? I am with Lemongrass Spa and there are less than 1,000 consultants nationwide....of course Lemongrass is not a new company but, I still see it as being young and I know for a fact there are some big earners. Like you, I am interested to see what 2013 brings as far as up and coming companies. Should be interesting!