Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Super WAHM

We have grown quickly over at Origami Owl and there are some designers making great $. I'm hoping to get there very soon myself. I started out very part time but I'm now in it full steam ahead. I agree with what others said about it's a business and it won't just come to you, but you have to work hard to get there.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Smile Thanks for sharing I understand that successs

Is on correlation to how hard you work but I also know there are those companies that has caught fire and in general just have a lot more successful consultants due to maybe the excitement over the products and it is just a lot more popular. No matter how you look at it. I think there are also those who work super hard but just not getting the same return/ success as someone else from another company. Again I'm not disputing the hard work success correlation. But I just was wondering what companies right now is really popular with more than average consultant making good money. Again if you look at Silpada, cookie lee etc at one point they had many selling lots compare to some other jewelry company. It's just a fact that obviously there are companies that grows a lot more and more popular. A bit frustrating sometimes when people don't stick to what us really being asked but thanks anyway for sharing. And special thanks to those who addressed what I was really asking.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:17 PM
WAHM Master

Ditto. I make money with my company, but I work it.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lani7 View Post
Is on correlation to how hard you work but I also know there are those companies that has caught fire and in general just have a lot more successful consultants due to maybe the excitement over the products and it is just a lot more popular. No matter how you look at it. I think there are also those who work super hard but just not getting the same return/ success as someone else from another company. Again I'm not disputing the hard work success correlation. But I just was wondering what companies right now is really popular with more than average consultant making good money. Again if you look at Silpada, cookie lee etc at one point they had many selling lots compare to some other jewelry company. It's just a fact that obviously there are companies that grows a lot more and more popular. A bit frustrating sometimes when people don't stick to what us really being asked but thanks anyway for sharing. And special thanks to those who addressed what I was really asking.
I don't know why you are frustrated with the answers. There is no magical company that you can just join, and become rich/successful overnite. You should not join a company because of perceived or stated income earned by others. You should search for a company that you are passionate about. Make sure that you can live with all things this company offers. Are you comfortable with the price points, comp plan, and the product, etc. Would you purchase from this company if you were not a consultant? Find a great leader that you are on the same page with and allow her/him to mentor you. Take advantage of the company's training plan. Work, and then work some more. Treat it like a job. Work it everyday! This is how people become successful. Yes, it is a lot of hard work and consistency, but it can be done. I see ladies doing it everyday. Good luck in your search. Remember passion first.

Last edited by Bling1; 01-19-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bling1 View Post
I don't know why you are frustrated with the answers. There is no magical company that you can just join, and become rich/successful overnite. You should not join a company because of perceived or stated income earned by others. You should search for a company that you are passionate about. Make sure that you can live with all things this company offers. Are you comfortable with the price points, comp plan, and the product, etc. Would you purchase from this company if you were not a consultant? Find a great leader that you are on the same page with and allow her/him to mentor you. Take advantage of the company's training plan. Work, and then work some more. Treat it like a job. Work it everyday! This is how people become successful. Yes, it is a lot of hard work and consistency, but it can be done. I see ladies doing it everyday. Good luck in your search. Remember passion first.
Well said!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Yes there are.

it's not about companies making money for us. It's about us making money for ourselves.
It's taken lots of hard work but I am making a good l;iving selling Pampered Chef. I didn't join the biz to make a a lot of money I joined because I wanted the free products. But I was happily surprised that working for free products gets me a good income.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:23 PM
WAHM Master

What it comes down to, is to be successful in a company, you need to enjoy what you are doing.

I know a ton of people doing well with Body By Vi. However, if I joined that company, I would not have the motivation to go out and sell it. It's not my passion, or interest. I have joined "hot" companies to see what the buzz is, and not gotten anywhere.

So start with your passion. Then research it to see how it will fit into your market place.
Granted, selling fishing worms isn't going to go well in a place where there is no fishing. So you need to keep logistics of the marketplace in mind.

And the "hot" companies often fade in and fade out. Jumping from biz to biz won't do you much good as you lose your team and have to start from scratch.

That said, the companies that are huge right now here are:

Body by Vi
It Works
Origami Owl

Tastefully Simple and Scentsy were huge for a while, but I wouldn't call them the hot, hot, hot anymore.

Another example of making your company the huge one. Beauticontrol was not heard of until a consultant moved here. After about 6 months, it was huge. Everyone was a consultant, and they were doing great, motivated. She moved away, and I don't know many people who do it anymore.

Good luck!

Debbie

Last edited by littledb; 01-20-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes, It Works is HUGE !! I was wondering why you said Scentsy is fading.... I know people in it and I know the popularity of the products and I don't see that.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:43 PM
WAHM Master

Smile

That's my area I am referring to. Every area will be different. :-D Scentsy still has it's loyal customers, but I'm not seeing parties like I used to. Those who have built it are doing well, but they are starting to branch off into the other areas like Velata and Grace Adele (which are still new names).

So in terms of the "hot" companies,I wouldn't put Scentsy in the new have to join slot anymore. BUT, it is stable and someone could still do great, but it's not the hot, hot, hot company any more.

Hope that makes sense. :-D I think the OP wanted the hot, hot, hot, gotta jump in companies.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 PM
WAHM Regular

These are all great replies. It does take hard work to succeed. It does seem like most, if not all, DS companies are behind their people but it does take working the plan to earn money. I wish success to all!