Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Interesting Article for Party Plan Moms and Dads

I thought this was an interesting story for those who like to do home parties and for those who do not. Perhaps this story will generate some discussion on "re-imagining" the home party business model.

http://www.jenfongspeaks.com/we-need...ine-the-party/

Enjoy !

Pink Pea
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Super WAHM

I love Jen Fong. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

Interesting especially since I find that my most successful parties are done as "Stop and Shops"!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:10 PM
WAHM Regular

I have found that I do better with Facebook parties than any other kind of party. It is hard to get anyone to want to do a home party these days. Going with what works!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Non-traditional parties

I do so few in-home parties these days.

I mainly offer FB/book or Snack Parties for Work. Those Snack Parties are becoming one of the
best venues I offer with my business..which of course is food.
Samplers set out, a few book/order forms and success!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Super WAHM

Great article and interesting! Changes are inevitable and can be very beneficial as well. Thanks for sharing

Last edited by Comfort&Beauty; 01-10-2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: adding
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 AM
WAHM Master

Which bath/body/beauty/wellness companies have online parties?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Super WAHM

Interesting article, thanks for sharing!

As someone who does a lot of home parties, this is something that interests me. I have a strong belief that home parties are the heart and soul of my business. Outside orders and catalog parties are great, but nothing builds relationships like being out there, meeting people, showing off your products, and spreading your enthusiasm for them. So I don't have any plans to switch my focus other places.

Having said that though, I don't notice this trend at all in my business yet. I've done "Going Away Parties" for HS Seniors, college aged women, and have many customers in their early-mid 20s. I'm wondering if the "Gen Y"ers that she's referring to don't understand the benefits of a home party yet?

Looking back from my own experience it never would have crossed my mind to host one at that age, however, after being invited to one or two in my mid- 20's I realized, "Hey, this is a lot of fun"! Now as a mom in my 30's, a night out of the house with friends is a godsend and a blessing! I say if they haven't discovered the fun of the home party, give them time, they'll come around!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Awesome WAHM

Parties are so much fun when you go to them as a guest or as a consultant but you need to find someone happy to be a hostess and willing. It's not enough in my area to give away freebies. It can be challenging with some circles and in my area us moms are super busy and parties are saturated here. But instead of "parties" we do small coffee gatherings and I meet one on one which isn't as fruitful as a traditional party but a nice compliment instead of sitting around waiting for the parties to happen and supplement with catalog orders. We have lots of small boutiques but you need to book first especially if you're selling jewelry but that's a great option too. As for sponsoring- I've sponsored a good size team all from online marketing. Being creative is key to your success. Great article by Jen!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:03 PM
WAHM Regular

This is a great article. I think women really need a night out from all the stresses of the week, to relax and unwind. Home parties are also a great way to meet new people and make some new friends.

Just my 2 cents!