Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:26 PM
WAHM Regular

When I saw a ground floor opportunity I was impressed with a long, strong history in other countries prior to coming here. I also looked at timing and trends, and whether I thought the trend would be around awhile. Also wanted a consumable product that people would buy again and again via the internet/personal website. Yes, some glitches being new, but solid history so I knew the glitches would be worked out.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 07:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorettaA View Post
It's very difficult because a company is not going to tell you they are having troubles. If you contact them they are going to say how great they are doing and what their plans are for the future.

I spend a lot of time networking online and offline and I have only met one person who was with AHA. I loved the AHA look, but that was a company I never heard much about online and never saw represented at vendor events. As for Biltmore, I heard of it when it was in pre-launch but again never saw anyone representing it anywhere. If you look at some of the other companies they are represented everywhere online and at events. I'm not saying that they are a secure bet because management can make bad decisions even with a company that seems very stable.

I think the safest thing to do is to set yourself up so that you can move to a new company, if necessary, and be successful because of who you are and not what the company offers.

I truly hope you find something you can really settle in to and grow with.

I'm sure this is the case with a lot of companies. What attracted me to my current company, though, is the fact that the President and CEO have such a heartfelt story. They are incredibly honest and more than willing to share their story down to the nitty gritty of being hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. Being in on the ground floor is great if the company takes off, but I have seen more fail than succeed and am very blessed that I found my company when I did, even though I was not in on the ground floor. There is a consultant in my town who was in on the ground floor and has only hit the 3rd level of pay in over 5 years... I hit the 4th level within my first 6 months and am on track to hit Director (level 6) within the next few months. So just because you get in on the ground floor does not mean you will be at the top if you are not willing to do the work to get where you want to be! You will get out of it what you put in to it, ground floor or not... Just some food for thought :-)
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 AM
Super WAHM

Sooo sorry!!! I would stick with companies that provide products that are actualy in demand currently and are projected to remain in demand. Of course a company that has been in around a while and managament is key. I like home decor, but I can see how it can be a tough well these days. Not my first priority when deciding where to spend my money. I would love to chat with you on how I decided on my company. I fell in love with the products, but the finnce major analyzed everything before jumping in as a business vs customer. Best wishes. Mary
Old 10-18-2012, 08:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Company doing well?

Find out how long they had been going strong is my first suggestion!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default How to find a stable company

I think one thing to look for is like Leanne said....is the company growing, how far spread is the sales force? What is the product and how many other companies are selling similiar items.

I've been with a couple of DS companies and my last search lasted a good six months. I think I found a good spot. Tastefully Simple is debt free, I LOVE the way the Mgmt listens to anyone and everyone ( a big issue with my prior co) and that the support staff is available when I have a Q, need a clarification or get confused on something =) Those things really appealed to me. I liked that we had a product that was consumable so there would be repeat business.

I'm so sorry to hear that after just 3 days your plans got bumped apart.

Hopefully you find a nitch and the best place for you...there are lots of really good businesses out there!

Lynn

Last edited by LynnAndreske; 10-18-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 AM
WAHM Regular

It is hard to know if a company is stable or not. I would research them to find out how long they have been in business, growth, amount of other companies that are selling the same products (competition). If a company is doing very well and thriving they will promote that. I have been with Tastefully Simple for over 2 years and we are debt free. We have been in business for over 17 years and still growing. Our CEO has reassured us that we aren't going anywhere. We are the original home party company that offered food. Many others have come in behind us some have lasted and some haven't. Now so many other companies are adding food and other types of products to their line. It makes you wonder if they are struggling because they aren't sticking to one product line. Why re create the wheel.

I am sorry to hear of Biltmore closing. I'm sure it has put a bad taste in your mouth and you are thinking of staying away from all direct sales. I'm not sure if you got the email from our Tastefully Simple CEO but she has sent out an invitation to Biltmore consultants giving them her condolences and offering an incentive to give them hope. Any Biltmore consultants that are interested in trying Tastefully Simple have a special sign up offer. I would be happy to tell you more to see if it would be a good fit for you.

Feel free to message me anytime.

Last edited by Leetzie; 08-22-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Registered WAHM

I've been with Celebrating home for four years & love it. They're always looking forward & a great Christian based company. If you're still interested in home decor party plan they are the best!
Old 11-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Awesome WAHM

I was with Private Quarters for only 8-9 months before they closed down so I guess I sort of know how you are feeling. Right now, kikaPaprika is the 3rd company in less than a year for me. So far ... so good! I knew when my first company went out of business, I felt some guilt about it. I know I wasn't trying my hardest to make it work so in some small way I was part of the company's closure. With PQ, I just decided to give it 110% and see where it takes me. I was doing amazingly well and promoted quite quickly and built a huge team. When they went under I knew it wasn't my fault so it was easier to move on. The reasons why they didn't succeed were not because of me and due in some part to the changing market.

I just follow my gut when it comes to finding a new company. I just get a feeling I can't really explain that draws me to a company. I do interview various consultants, talk with the CEO of the company if I can and do a lot of online research. However, it basically comes down to ... does this make sense for ME. All the best to you Cabimom in finding something else!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Super WAHM

My best advice would be to consider the market for a particular company especially in light of our present economy. I would choose to be involved with something that is somehow related to food. The bottom line is that food is the only real essential none of us can do without. (Shelter and water also, but everyone needs and buys food always.) I'm getting ready to do a party for a friend of mine who is a party plan consultant with a food company. I'm not a consultant, but could get you some information if you're interested.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:26 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Google?

You may ask Mr. Google for that matter. Maybe the forums might help you as well, as long as you are on the right niche. Anyhow, you could ask your employer in a polite way that he/she might not get mad. These employer are also humans and would know how to react like one.