Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Banned

Default Trying to decide between 2 companies !!

I need some feedback from all of you lovely ladies out there (and men, if any out there on this forum) !!

I am trying to decide between two companies to join. One being "OneSoul' - interchangeable shoes (as seen on SharkTank). The other is Perfectly Posh. (all-natural fun body products, similiar to Body Shop brand and the Lush brand).

My question is....which one would be an easier sell ?? The interchangeable soles / shoes are a fantastic, unique concept. The soles are priced at approx $70, and then each interchangeable top varies between $12 - $20. Hundreds and hundreds of designs, themes etc. for the tops. The bath/body products are fantastic as they are made in USA, 100% organic, natural, free from parabens,sulfates etc. etc.

Can I get some feedback from you all ???

Thankyou !!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hmmm. I think the shoe one is unique but consumable products can be better for residual income. Go with what you can be the most passionate about and where there is a strong team with a system you can plug into.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:02 PM
WAHM Regular

Default It Works body wraps

Consumable, reusable products are definitely the way to go. Products which can't be found easily are better. I chose It Works because of the proprietary home skinny body wrap and other supplements they offer, they have one called EstroRhythm for hot flashes. Our products are for men and women of all ages, and once they are consumed/used... customers order more directly from us online! Good luck with your decision.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Awesome WAHM

I just thought of something else. It would be difficult to do anything online with a shoe business. I buy clothes online but not shoes because it's something people have to try on. That being said if you want to do lots of parties it could be quite profitable
Old 06-17-2012, 04:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have to agree with the others on here. I think the shoes are possibly a "fad" of sorts and could die out rather quickly. Each customer you come in contact with will make a purchase and repeat business from that same person is probably not real likely. The body products is something that, if someone tries it and they like it they will come back for more to replace what they used.

The main thing is, which one do you personally love, love love! You need to be abpe to show your tru passion and excitement for that product!

Just my humble opinion.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Super WAHM

I'm going to weigh in here even though I have a vested interest in the outcome. There is actually quite a lot of return business with the shoes because once you buy a sole, you then want more and more tops to go with every outfit. So far in the first 2 months I've been in business, 3 of my customers have already been back for more.

As for selling online, I get requests for information daily and about half of those who contact me purchase a pair. The biggest issue I have had so far is that people don't know what Onesole Shoes are so there is a lot of explaining. You should always choose based on the product that you are most passionate about. I wish you the best of luck and I am always here to answer any other questions.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:25 PM
WAHM Addict

I would say SHOES!

I love shoes and live in S FL though where the open toes wouldn't be a problem in the winter months. When I go to a home party though I tend to go to something that is unique and something I can't find anywhere else ....or something with a higher quality than I can find in stores such as Scentsy - even though many companies now sell those wax cubes I find theirs to be really good and last the longest. Some companies out there - no offense ladies - such as bath stuff or jewelry (and I sold jewelry before) you can find ANYWHERE so if I am free that night and it sounds like fun I may go to a party but I wouldn't try to go as much as if it was something different and unique and harder to find in retail establishments here and if I did buy woudl I reorder the jewelry or bath stuff? maybe...maybe not ...
Old 06-18-2012, 12:39 PM
WAHM Addict

I agree with choosing the one you are most passionate about. Both companies have some great points.

I also agree that you can get repeat business on the shoes as new designs are released. It's similar to the Miche Bag where people buy new bag cover designs.

Go with what you will enjoy the most and the one who allows you to do business the way you want to do it.

Good luck!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Registered WAHM

I chose It Works because of the proprietary home skinny body wrap and other supplements they offer, they have one called EstroRhythm for hot flashes. Our products are for men and women of all ages, and once they are consumed/used... customers order more directly from us online!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:09 AM
WAHM Addict

I think a couple people need to spend some time educating themselves on marketing.