Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Scentsy or Pink Zebra??

If you were looking to join a candle company, which of these two would you go with and why? Are you drawn to an established, well-known organization or the new craze?

I'd prefer to hear from those of you who are NOT affiliated with either company (I'm looking for unbiased opinions here). I'm also not interested in hearing about any other candle companies...just the two that I mentioned. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Banned

Hi Danielle!

I am not with either of those candle companies, but when I recently joined the candle company that I am in now, I went more for the newer one. My reason is that I was with a well known candle company a few years ago, the products were fine, but there were so many consultants I was competing with both in sales and recruiting (I do alot of online recruiting). I love the excitement of a newer, ground floor company starting out that not many people know of. I know there is the risk of them falling apart because of their inexperience, but I decided this time I was going to just go for it. The person I was in contact with as my sponsor was so down to earth and helpful. IF they do make it 5-10 years from now, I was on the ground floor. It's the risk I feel like taking right now. Just me.. I know others may not feel that way, but I feel confident. Go with your gut. You never know how things may work out.

Last edited by BellaCandleMom; 06-06-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi there! I'm not with either one but if I had to choose, I would go with Pink Zebra. It's new and if you're planning on doing vendor shows or parties - there's way less competition. Scentsy is a fantastic company with a proven track record but I know there are always a Scentsy rep everywhere I go . But the more important question is which products you absolutely love and evaluate other factors i.e. comp plan, etc and see which one is a better fit for you.
~J
Old 06-09-2012, 03:48 PM
WAHM Regular

I have to agree with those who have posted. I'd lean towards Pink Zebra. You will have more opportunity to introduce something new to people and attend different events that already most likely have Scentsy reps.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Awesome WAHM

I would choose Pink Zebra for the reasons mentioned by others. The products are unique and the branding of the company is sure to get attention. The reps in this company seem to be doing fantastic and love it.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Super WAHM

Another vote for Pink Zebra. I LOVE Scentsy, but I think the competition from other consultants would be tough.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:07 PM
WAHM Regular

I actually investigated this pretty thoroughly not long ago.

Pink Zebra, hands down. Scentsy is market-saturated in a lot of places, and as much as people won't say it out loud, it does make it easier to sell and recruit when the product is new and not EVERYWHERE.

Plus, zebra print? Helloooo. :P
Old 06-10-2012, 06:21 AM
WAHM Addict

I hope you don't mind input from a previous Scentsy rep. I've got no bridges to burn or no beef, so I'm simply looking at this with fresh eyes. This is honestly very difficult for me to write because I do love Scentsy as a consumer.

Scentsy
Warmers - has some absolutely beautiful designs in their warmers so you can do some serious decorating with them! They can fit into just about any style of decor you've got. AND holiday designs that you can switch around!
Scents - The scent bars are amazing, and very inexpensive. There are other smellies available for the car (disc), for travel (tin), for home (sprays).
Body - Now there is body stuff - I don't know much about that one myself so I really can't input. People have been wanting the lotions for a long time, and have already used the sprays as a fabric mist (though could damage the fabric as it's not intended for that use) - so I was glad to see they did that. Though didn't expect it to be as broad of a "line" as what they ended up with. So many items for bath, body, perfumes, lotions, and even for the washer and dryer.
Thoughts - Most people would love the fact that they asked for a couple personal scent items and was given an entire line of products, but this is where I faded and stood back and re-evaluated. That's not what I wanted. I wanted a simple home scenting company. That's it. Not a broad focus. (keep in mind this is my personal feeling! Others absolutely are thrilled with this!)

Pink Zebra -
Warmers - they seem to be keeping their warmer designs to a minimum which keeps the focus on the scents.
Scents - Sprinkles. SPRINKLES! Those are cool! Yes you can mix and match with cubes too... but, it's not as simple (break apart, limited in sizes unless more slicing and dicing is done). The price of the sprinkles seems a little higher, however, I don't know how that compares in wax weight or quantity/weight over Scentsy bars. If you get the same amount, just for the other things you can do with the sprinkles (make candles!), I'd pay the extra.
Candles - Pink Zebra doesn't shy away from the fact that people still love candles. That is a wonderful plus (and the reed diffusers have always been a nice concept).
Body - Pink Zebra seems to be only missing the car scents and travel type scents (non candle/warmer style) - because the lotion and soap gives you scents where you want them.
Thoughts - If you completely go nuts over a scent, it's not unusual to want a lotion of that scent, and the hand/dish soap is just an extension of one more way to have that scent available in your home. It's not overkill on the scents - but just ties it all in the way it should be (in my opinion!!)

Please don't anyone get me wrong - they are both wonderful companies with some amazing products. If I were to need to choose today, based on product line alone, I would take a chance on Pink Zebra. Please note that scent throw will make a huge difference and must be part of the decision making process.

I oh so love Scentsy and recommend them to this day because I know their stuff is good. I don't know how the scents truly are with PZ, if they last, have good scent throw, etc. This part I can't input at all, but maybe there is someone out there that has used both and can give their input when it comes to how do they compare with the scents. Quality plays a big part and can trump the coolness factor.

Last edited by SandyMilton; 06-10-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:12 AM
WAHM Regular

I love Scentsy products and use them all of the time but if I were looking for a business opportunity I would go with Pink Zebra.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:22 AM
WAHM Addict

Good luck to you in which ever company you decide on.