Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:33 AM
WAHM Master

Smile

I'm not with either company nor have I ever been.
I would choose Pink Zebra for the simple facts that they are newer and they offer both sprinkles AND candles. Personally I like to use both in my house and I know a lot of people who do also.
Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM
WAHM Addict

I would have to say Pink Zebra too ...having been with a new launch jewerly company years ago and now vault I agree it IS easier when it's something new and people haven't already heard of it! Plus I agree with whoever said that Pink Zebra has both candles AND the wax/sprinkles....I do like that and I am a HUGE scentsy fan! I have 2 warmers and a plug in in my house now and my laundry room cabineet has maybe 20 + packs of scents! While I love the scentsy in the kids bathroom and the family room area where the kids hang out alot I do still like candles - I still burn them in my bathroom and my bedroom- I like with Pink Zebra you can have both!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle521 View Post
If you were looking to join a candle company, which of these two would you go with and why? Are you drawn to an established, well-known organization or the new craze?

I'd prefer to hear from those of you who are NOT affiliated with either company (I'm looking for unbiased opinions here). I'm also not interested in hearing about any other candle companies...just the two that I mentioned. Thank you!
Obviously I have to vote for Pink Zebra!, But just to let you know I have experienced Scentsy and was ok with the products until they quit lasting as long as they used to. My daughter sold Scentsy and when I looked at the consultant plan, I told her she was crazy to do so. I come from a business world and the plan seems to benefit the company more than the consultant!

With PZ you keep your 25% up front and that is the absolute Lowest you will earn with PZ!

Another fact, the owners of Pink Zebra have been in the candle industry for decades and you would be surprised at how many high end department stores they design and provide candles for! You probably already have some and don't even know it! Lol

Feel free to ask for more information if you would like to compare and most of all Take your Time! Don't rush into any company without looking at your benefits and what will make you Happy! That is most important! I may love PZ, but I would have to say, it's not for everyone! Someone else may love Scentsy, but it's just not for me! So make your choice on what you love!

P.S. I can always send you. Info and samples if you would like to just experience the products. No commitment, I just like to share! Lol
Old 06-22-2012, 04:14 AM
WAHM Addict

I can officially attest to the sprinkles that I've tried so far have all had an excellent scent throw - even in my little work office, using a wall plug in warmer, and maybe... at the MOST.... 1/2 tsp of sprinkles. I don't want to smell up the whole office (as in other people's space), but the scent still manages to go outside my office, down the hall, and into a common area LOL!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Registered WAHM

I am so happy you asked this! I have been trying to decide as well! I sell scentsy right now... remember when acwmtay started they had limited products as well...
Old 07-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Registered WAHM

For those of you that have experienced both Scentsy & PZ - what is your take on the actual warmer heat?

I purchased a Scentsy wall warmer and was almost sold on joining with them until I plugged it in and felt how HOT it was! As a wall warmer, I was horrified at the thought that if a baby fell on it (even if the wax didn't get to them) the heat would leave a mark if they couldn't get away immediately.

Is the PZ warmer the same? Greatly appreciate any input on product to product comparison.

(From my readings, the jar of sprinkles will last longer than the whole bar of Scentsy.. But, I haven't been able to put this to the test myself yet)
Old 07-10-2012, 03:42 AM
WAHM Addict

Generally speaking, when you have a light bulb putting out a heat source greater than the night light size (4w), it will generate heat enough to smart on your skin at the touch - and if it's inside something ceramic, the same thing will happen. The closer the bulb is to the ceramic, the hotter it will be (like some of Scentsy's big warmers are hot to the touch because the design has a curve in near the bulb, like the Symphony warmer)

The thing is in reality, the intention for the plug ins was for bathroom vanities and kitchen counter top areas. Of course people will use them anywhere - and that's their right of course. There are just as many nightmare stories about accidentally hitting the warming, spilling a dark wax onto light carpet. It doesn't matter who makes the wax, or the warmer, sometimes where one places a plug in is not the best choice. I actually do use one in my office at work, but there is not a snowball's chance in you know where it can accidentally get kicked. I'd have to be a contortionist. But yea, I definitely wouldn't recommend a plug in at floor level if you have a baby in the house.

As for the scents - oh most definitely. I've used less sprinkles and have had the same affect as the cubes. You have control over how much you put in there, and like me, you may find you don't need as much as you think! I'm loving those sprinkles!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:14 AM
WAHM Addict

I am so happy that you like your sprinkles Sandy! Yes it is nice to be able to control the amount you use, you save money that way, not to mention it is not as messy on your hands! You can also make your own "recipes" with the sprinkles my mixing scents together.
I am loving Pink Zebra, and our newest edition to the line the Simmer Lights are not only beautiful but heat up the sprinkles just as well. Its nice to be able to change the "shades" of the light as well.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Awesome WAHM

I would choose Pink Zebra just for the fact that not everyone likes warmers and melts. I think offering candles as well opens you up to more sales. JMTC.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Grand WAHM

My advice is that you have to be ready for a home business no matter what you choose, find a product you are passionate about, and be consistent with working your business, stay positive and work on you as well. Treat it like a business and don't give up. Companies come and go, do your research well before jumping into something. Follow your heart: just my two cents worth. I love my candle company, and everything about it.

Last edited by MrsTeresa; 08-21-2012 at 08:04 AM.