Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Super WAHM

Question Such a new product, no one knows what it is.

I just joined a new company, the home party division of OneSole: The Original Interchangeable Shoes. They are amazingly comfortable, stylish shoes with 10 Sole choices and over 1000 interchangeable Tops. I have been in party plan fot 15 years, but my products have always required a presentation with an edutainment type presentation. These shoes are more of a come try them on, amd buy kind of party. Can anyone give me advice on how to incorporate a booking talk/sponsoring talk into this kind of show? Thanks. Dana
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 09:23 AM
WAHM Addict

that's how it is with Vault. I had to revise my whole booking and sponsoring talks to literally like a 30 sec blurb. I usually fit it in when talking with the girls or checking them out. Everyone comes and tries on and shops - more open house style. With us it's harder than you as if they are trying to decide between two pair I can't say well get this one now and earn this one for FREE since our inventory is always changing. With you if they are liking alot you can use that to talk about booking I would think like us you'd have an easier time booking since it's NEW ...that has been the easier thing with Vault ...everyone likes to host the newest/hottest thing!

GOOD LUCK! Cute Shoes! I LOVE shoes!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Cloud 9 Parties Rep

Hey Dana!

I did jewelry for a short while (something to try to do with my daughters) and it's sorta similar. The demo is about 20 minutes, rather than an hour presentation. In the 20 minutes you talk about yourself, the company, booking, joining and an ice breaker game to get everyone familiar and friendly with eachother. (like a name type game). Those first 20 minutes you should have their full attention enough to peak their interest in booking/joining.

Lastly, everyone should leave with a paper flyer on booking/joining. As you know, much of the booking/joining happens with the follow up after the party. Imagine what calling to follow up with every single person can do. Did you enjoy the party? How did the shoes feel? Would you like to host one yourself? I'm on the hunt for local team members, would you like to join me? Every. Single. Person.

HTH!

~ Pascale
Old 06-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Writely Applied

Can you talk about seasonal events or fashion trends that each shoe would be appropriate for?

Parties now could discuss footwear for beach, cruise, etc. (I'm not sure how extensive the line is). And then, maybe offer suggestions to pair up shoes with local store clothing lines.

Tags
fashion, new company, onesole, shoes