Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Arrow Does your company have an awesome starter kit? Do you mind personal use consultants?

Tell me about your company and the following (I am interested in EVERYONE's INPUT. This is not genre-specific. If you sell mark or you sell scentsy or you sell "girls nights" or whatever else--just answer the questions. This is for my use, I don't have a database or anything, but, there are so many companies it's just overwhelming!)

So if you don't mind "personal use" or "a few parties and then personal use" type consultants in your downline, then, answer the following:
What does it cost to buy your starter kit?
Is it awesome?
What's your quota to maintain active status?
What's your discount %age, or, if it varies, is it hard to explain?
Is the important stuff in your signature?
Anything else you want to share with the WAHM board and the world?

Thanks! I thought I'd ask.

Last edited by Tadah!; 05-16-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 03:40 AM
WAHM Addict

I happen to think our starter kit is awesome - actually we have two of them currently that cost $125 (plus tax/shipping).

The spa now kit has everything you need to do spas - our wonderful line basic facial products plus the hand treatment products. It has a retail value of approximately $350.

The Sunsation kit includes the summer's best bath & body selling products (plus some new and exclusive items). It has a retail value of I believe $445. There are no basic facial products in this one.

Plus when you attend a Beauti You class within your first 90 days, you will get a full microderm abrasion kit (resurfacing pads, abrasion, and the scrubber - I think the value runs around $100+ for those pieces).

With your kit you can choose to use the products, demo the products, or sell the products.

NORMAL DISCOUNT PERCENTAGES:
$0-$149 - 25% OFF
$150-$349 - 30% OFF
$350-$749 - 40% OFF
$750+ 50% OFF

In order to stay active, you must place a $100 order every 4 months which pretty much covers your basic skin care needs, plus every month there are usually a couple really killer sales that are just for consultants. Like half off one of our popular products!

On top of that, we're often given a higher % of discount on products that are on sale (for example, if the website shows the customer gets a 10% discount, we may have the opportunity to have a 25% off discount). So spending $100 in four months is not really that hard to do LOL! The bargains will be the temptation

Oh - and our discount percentages are taken off from the sale prices.

As we discuss at the end of our spas - We have three different kind of spa gals - those that sign up for the bargains (personal use), those that like to do a casual spa here and there for a little extra $, and finally those that hit the ground running. All are appreciated and all are welcome!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:18 AM
WAHM Regular

What does it cost to buy your starter kit? $99 + tax & shipping (US)
Is it awesome? Absolutely - over $200 worth of product and supplies.
What's your quota to maintain active status? $1 between July and December (if you build a downline there are other quotas).
What's your discount %age, or, if it varies, is it hard to explain? 20-30%
What is your website, or, if that's not permissible by the board rules, what should I google to find you? See signature
Anything else you want to share with the WAHM board and the world? Scentsy has amazing growth and is now #20 in the DSA - they are constantly growing and adding new and fresh products! There are only 2 catalogs a year but have a new scent and warmer every month. Our business store is very reasonably priced - unlike other companies that I have heard of or been a part of in the past. Scentsy treats their consultants and customers like Family
Old 05-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Cloud 9 Parties Rep

So if you don't mind "personal use" or "a few parties and then personal use" type consultants in your downline, then, answer the following:

CLOUD 9 PARTIES

Awesome $89 pre-launch kit with over $500 value.

Is it awesome?
Heehe YES!

$29 per month Business Management Fee (Website, CC Processing, Host Rewards Program are a few of the things included in that)

40%

What is your website, or, if that's not permissible by the board rules, what should I google to find you?
In my signature

We are a new romance company in pre-launch. Within 2 weeks, we are covering more than 24 States already. We have an active Facebook business page. Aside from the romance party traditional items (lotions, potions and toys), we will also carry a boutique-style line of accessories like lingerie, sleepwear, shapewear, body art, jewelry, wigs, shoes, nail foils and eyelashes!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for responding! I really like direct sales companies but I always think, "Hm, I wonder whether or not I'd be better off buying their kit and ordering as a consultant."

I know casual/personal use Thirty-One Gifts is very much a possibility, as I'm a Thirty-One consultant. I'm also getting my sister into the mix, too. I think she wants to be a personal use MK lady.

I'd love to hear from others.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile Tastefully Simple

I posted earlier but it appears my post got deleted. I am wondering if it is because I had provided my website in one of your questions? I am going to try again:

I am a Team Manager with Tastefully Simple. We love personal use consultants! After all, we all eat right? :-D

What does it cost to buy your starter kit? $89 for the small one; $170 for the large one (the large one allows you to make three payments of $57 each)

Is it awesome? Heck yeah! You get over $300 worth of food in the big kit!

What's your quota to maintain active status? $400 in product sales per quarter

What's your discount %age, or, if it varies, is it hard to explain? You receive a 30% discount on everything in the catalog starting on your first day!

What is your website, or, if that's not permissible by the board rules, what should I google to find you? I will PM you with that info as I think this is what got my post removed

We specialize in easy-to-make gourmet food that requires less than two ingredients to prepare. This allows you to spend more time with your family and less time in the kitchen.

Good luck! ~~ Tracy Koss
Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Awesome WAHM

Our company is not a "party plan" company but we do have home tasting/business events if we wish to share that way.

We have business builder kits starting at $500 BUT they are optional. Any single product purchase allows you to be a Brand Partner. There are no sign up or membership fees.

You can order whenever you want but to earn from referrals you make you need to be ordering 60 pv in a given month. That's around $60.

No discount. Everyone gets our product at the same price!

Feel free to contact me if you would like more information.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Awesome WAHM

What does it cost to buy your starter kit? $149 plus shipping and tax.
Is it awesome? Guy & Eva's kit is more than awesome! You get $800 in jewelry plus business supplies.
What's your quota to maintain active status? At least one month with $100 in sales during the year. In order to qualify for company leads or special bonuses during a particular month, you need to have had $100 that month.
What's your discount %age, or, if it varies, is it hard to explain? We start at 30% Day 1 and it goes up from there.
What is your website, or, if that's not permissible by the board rules, what should I google to find you? See my siggie!
Anything else you want to share with the WAHM board and the world? Guy & Eva is a pround member of the DSWA and we have trendy, fashion-forward jewelry at reasonable prices. It is a great opportunity for those who want to make it a career and also those who want to be more casual sellers. Everyone is valued at Guy & Eva.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:19 AM
WAHM Regular

$99 for Starter Kit

Is it awesome?

Of Course

1 order between July and December any amount $1 or over. If you want to build a team then they require something every 3 months.

What's your discount %age, or, if it varies, is it hard to explain? 20%-25% then more when you build your team.

What is your website, or, if that's not permissible by the board rules, what should I google to find you?

Still a newbie here but search LDN Wickless Candles

Why Scentsy is different- Quality, the Simplicity of the products, the Generosity of the company and that when you join Scentsy is FAMILY. x
Old 05-15-2012, 09:38 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadah! View Post
Tell me about your company and the following (I am interested in EVERYONE's INPUT. This is not genre-specific. If you sell mark or you sell scentsy or you sell "girls nights" or whatever else--just answer the questions. This is for my use, I don't have a database or anything, but, there are so many companies it's just overwhelming!)

Is it awesome?

Thanks! I thought I'd ask.
For Thirty One!

What does it cost to buy your starter kit? $99 plus shipping and tax (about $115 total) and you get a choice of two enrollment kits. They have the same products in them, it is just a matter of preference of the fabrics. The value is over $300! catalogs and other business supplies are also included. Right now we are also having an Opportunity to Join (O.J.) incentive where you can earn a kit rebate of $99!

Is it awesome? Of course I think they are. I will post a pic of the two kit options so you can see for yourself!

What's your quota to maintain active status? $200 every rolling 3 months. Very doable and I have several on my team that are just for personal use. They just need to feed their habit as they say!

What's your discount %age, or, if it varies, is it hard to explain? 25%

What is your website, or, if that's not permissible by the board rules, what should I google to find you? Click on the links below in my signature! I know you are with 31 but there might be others who are interested

I have been in Direct Sales for almost 10 years now. I have always eeked out a business but it has never really "worked" until I found 31. That is MY goal. But I am all about helping others find THEIR goal. It could be personal use, it could be part time or big time.

Thanks for letting me share about Thirty One!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 Summer Kits.JPG (67.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Leanne McGarr; 05-15-2012 at 09:41 AM.