Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:19 PM
WAHM Addict

To me, it all depends on what your focus & goals are. Some things to think about:

1. Are you looking to grow one company big?
2. Will this be confusing to folks?
3. How do you recruit and build a team with each company and support them?
4. Both will take a chunk of time, money & other resources - are you prepared for this?
5. Will one over-ride the other, and eventually you will work one?

Like I said, it all depends on what you are looking to achieve. Like Liz, I'm with Mela basically as a customer, and love their products. BUT, I love and work Tastefully Simple solely. I would never not share Mela with someone who is interested, but it's not my focus.

Last edited by gkoinski; 12-13-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Super WAHM

Try to promote 2 businesses at once is a mistake a lot of "newbies" make. It should never be done as it is challenging enough promoting one. I'd recommend focusing all of your time an energy on a primary business, with 2, it is just way too hard. Also, when prospects seeing you promoting 2 companies, it is a huge turn off for them. Pick one and go for it.

Last edited by ThinkBig22; 11-18-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:36 PM
WAHM Regular

I have 2 myself! I do Pink Zebra which I have found my passion! I love fragrances and this is it! I also do hair accessories as well!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:34 PM
WAHM Addict

I know several that do more than 1 ...I think though it's like Liz said with one their "main" business and one that they do for fun, discounts and kinda the "side" business.

for me one is enough! but i have 4 kids and between their activities and some volunteer things I am involved in time wise 1 is enough for me

Good luck to you!!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Super WAHM

Smile Reping for 2

I have been a Slumber Parties Consultant for almost 3 years and also am a consultant for Tastefully Simple. (just joined them in June).

I do parties with SP but only sell online and to friends and family with TS.
It can be done, but it is work and can get confusing if you let it. Since the products are so different with these two companies I don't worry to much about mixing it up LOL.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:13 AM
WAHM Addict

i do 2 also! I just signed up for Pink Zebra. I am also a director for passion parties. I have an 8 yr old little girl who loves candles and this is a perfect biz that we can do together as my other business wouldnt be appropriate or allowed of course. Its a great business and one that is family friendly so i dont think they will conflict at all! I joined pink zebra too because it was a ground floor opportunity.

good luck to you
Karen
Old 12-13-2011, 06:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Default it depends

it depends on how committed you are and how consistent you are with both of them.
many people can totally successfully handle multiple companies, others can't.
It's up to you and how determined you are.
I saw someone post saying you might have probs recruiting, but I dont necessarily agree with that since you may have people in different 'avenues' of life and one of your opps may be ideal for one person while the other for someone else.
It's all about how you present yourself, the businesses and commitment
Tara
Old 12-20-2011, 03:58 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I am doing 2. We have two "off" months a year in my main company. I can do shows and sell with my complimentary business during that time before the next season starts, plus sell online. Mine compliment each other very well, both have to do with fashion but are not the same kind of product line! I don't focus on recruiting for either one, that is not really me. It's fun having a team and the money is probably pretty good, but I just like to sell and help women with their fashion needs! If someone inquires though I am glad to share the opportunity with either company, both are great!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:33 PM
WAHM Regular

I think you should follow your heart and do what makes you happy. If you enjoy these two companies, complement them and do the best on both of them.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTaraBurner View Post
it depends on how committed you are and how consistent you are with both of them.
many people can totally successfully handle multiple companies, others can't.
It's up to you and how determined you are.
I saw someone post saying you might have probs recruiting, but I dont necessarily agree with that since you may have people in different 'avenues' of life and one of your opps may be ideal for one person while the other for someone else.
It's all about how you present yourself, the businesses and commitment
Tara
I also agree with Taras point, is how you present yourself. G