Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:41 AM
WAHM Regular

I could have written this post!! I am so sorry you are in this situation! I am a nurse also and was just layed off the day before Thanksgiving. (although my "work" will continue until the end of January. Since it is union they had to give a 60 day lay off notice under the contract) I am trying to decide what to do as well! I have always wanted to do direct sales on the side, but never thought I would be looking in to it further and without a full time job!
I would love to hear what companies you are considering! I have looked into quite a few a few months ago before this happened..

My only hold ups are that I am debating whether I should/could go back to school, and I am worried that I won't make the $$ I need to be making..

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguay View Post
Wow! You lost a job as a nurse?? That's unbelievable. My husband was an RN and he worked his butt off. The hospitals are so short-staffed as it is; I can't believe they are downsizing too....really sad.
This was my thought, As a nurse I thought I would NEVER be faced with this situation!!

Good Luck!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Banned

Default So sorry

I am so sorry for all of you! I know how hard it is I was "laid off" last august when I was 4 months pregnant from my Restaurant GM position and wow it has been a shock! Financially we are ok now but to go through those times and expecting a baby was the worst! I wish you all the best and as hard as it is keep your head up. Because yes when One door Closes another one Opens! We may not think so at the time, but I now know that if it hadn't been for my job loss then I wouldn't of found Pink Zebra and be able to look forward to staying home permanently with my little one!

Bless You!

Angela
Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 AM
Super WAHM

It's so terrible that your company decided to downsize before the holidays.
I joined Country Gourmet Home in April and it has been a great fit for me. I earn money as well as free food for my family. We are currently a single downline company, but will soon be expanding additional earning levels so now is a great time to join.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:34 AM
WAHM Master

Wow, my husband is going to school for nursing. There are a ton of job openings where we live. I've been supporting the family on direct sales. It can be done, though it's been a bit tight and lots of work.

The key is to follow your passion. Find a business that really excites you.
Then look at the history of the company. Have they been sold? Are they in the red or black? How have they grown? What do they offer you?

Good luck!

Debbie
Old 11-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned

Hello and I hope a month later you are finding yourself in a better place...Have you made a decision yet? Finding your next business can be a challenge and fun at the same time. There are so many great opportunities out there in direct sales...Many companies with great products and programs that make them intriquing to join. What is your passion? I picked companies with a passion and a purpose to make it exciting for me to be proud to wear and share.

I wish you continued success finding the RIGHT company and if you have any questions for Jewel Kade or Perfectly Posh I would be honored to help you out.

Enjoy the journey and keep us posted,
Catherine