Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default uugh

I'm sorry for complaining but it is so irritating. I just wrote this long post and then when I tried to post, it said I wasn't logged on but I did.
I think because I had an email come through I went to my aol and read it, then I was thinking what to write, i guess the time expired or i left the screen, this is so annoying..

Also it seems like the number of posting has dropped quite a bit. I think it is because of how this website changed. I just don't like it. I told myself I wasn't going to complain about it but it's just annoying sometimes. Also..no more faces that moves...you don't get alerted that you have messages unless you sign in....and I don't know some stuff just don't seem fix...I wish it would go back to its original.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2009, 04:40 AM
Awesome WAHM

This has happened to me as well. I log in and than I read through the different folders and I notice when I come out of each folder I am no longer logged in.

I have also gotten into the habit whenever I type a long post, email etc. I always hit copy before I send as this has happened to me too and it can be really frustrating to have to start over.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:11 AM
WAHM Addict

I don't like the new format either. Seems to be alot more spam and junk in the folders than there was before. Not all change is good.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Super WAHM

Lani....that happened to me too. I think I took too long to write a PM and I was logged out. Very frustrating. My daughter also told me before you send reply to copy it first....makes sense...
Old 08-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Super WAHM

Thumbs down

I know the last several times I tried to post or message someone it timed me out. So yeah I read here but I don't bother to post here unless its quick. Plus I haven't really tried to mess around with my settings n stuff either.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Awesome WAHM

I don't like it either. But with the new ownership came new administration. I suspect that that individual was used to this format and thus wanted to change to what she personally was already comfortable with. Ownership does have its privileges.

Personally, I think they've taken a big step to running this site into the ground. And at some point they'll wonder what happened and why people don't stick around any more. But maybe I'm wrong, and we'll all just "get used to it" as they are insisting we will. Time will tell.

Christy
Old 08-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Awesome WAHM

The same thing happened to me a couple of times so I started to copy it before I sent it too. Also Lani, if you were talking about getting notices of PMs to your email address there is a place to set that up. It's in your control panel section under "Edit My Details" then click on "Settings and Options", and then " Edit Options".

Sandy

Last edited by sandyrae21; 08-23-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: correction!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Super WAHM

Unhappy

Not only do I find this all cumbersome....still trying to figure it out when I have time.
It also only allows so much text in a PM......so if you have a place where you cut & paste info about your company and joining....make sure it is very abbreviated. I learned that the hard way the other day when I had to keep removing text for it to send.
It is all frustrating to me and I keep hoping I will get "the hang of it", but sometimes its doubtful.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:19 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRobertson View Post
I know the last several times I tried to post or message someone it timed me out. So yeah I read here but I don't bother to post here unless its quick. Plus I haven't really tried to mess around with my settings n stuff either.
Me too. I'm not a real fan of the new format. Like Kim, I read but don't post much. I've even stopped visiting as much as I used to.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:44 AM
WAHM Addict

Same here. After writing one long reply and getting kicked out I decided to copy each post as well.