Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Super WAHM

Default who has potential to make more?

Which has potential to make more money, Silpada Reps or Stella and Dot reps?

Silpada you make 30%
Stella and Dot you make 25%, but you get 5% business supply credits if you sell 2300 a month.
Silpada customers cannot order online
Stella and Dot you can order online
Silpadas price points are higher and has more variety and number of items in catalog
Stella and Dot does not have as many items for sale, and price points are similar or less.
They both have average shows of $950 each. Just wanted your thoughts, no bashing allowed
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2009, 04:45 PM
WAHM Master

They both have the same potential. If neither rep works their biz, then neither will make money. Don't worry so much about your personal income. Look at what you make when you help others succeed and promoting bonuses.

You will always only be able to do x amount of parties. But you can build a team of unlimited consultants.

And I still go by my advice, follow your passion. Which jewelry company would you enjoy selling more?

Debbie
Old 08-22-2009, 06:57 PM
WAHM Addict

They both sound very similar to me, so I would go with the one that you prefer the items to.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Awesome WAHM

The rep who puts more time and effort into her biz has more earning potential.

Christy

Last edited by JoyfulHome; 08-22-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Super WAHM

I agree with what everyone has said...........go with what you love
Old 08-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Awesome WAHM

I actually looked at both jewelry companies. I love pieces from both!! However, Stella & Dot is more liberal in their online marketing and advertising policies. Stella & Dot also has online shopping carts and websites for their reps. And Stella & Dot is getting A LOT of press coverage, which helps in demand.

For me though, I went with a consumable product and it's going really well. I do LOVE the bling though
Old 08-24-2009, 11:13 AM
WAHM Addict

Will you excuse a question? (Because I'm unable to answer the one you're asking!).

Are you going to determine which of these companies to join on the basis of "which has the potential to make more"? Or have you already done all the other "basic diligence issues" with both of them, found them absolutely equal in all the more important and significant criteria, and therefore decided to use this parameter kind of as your "casting vote"?

I'll be really open and honest and admit that the reason I'm asking this question is that I've known so many people let this question be one of their primary decision-making parameters only to regret it later!

I offer also a couple of other observations:-

(i) "the potential to make more" is a sketchy concept, given that fewer than 5% (and sometimes perhaps fewer than 2%) of people joining/setting-up, building and developing such businesses probably really achieve the "potential claimed", and that what might, perhaps, be more relevant to you is "in which one will you be able to make more?": that's really a very different question and to answer it one would need to know a lot about you as well as a lot about the realities of working with each company (i.e. it's not going to be too easy for anyone here to answer accurately!)

(ii) "the probability of doing it" is usually more important than the income quantification itself: it's perhaps better to have a 75% chance of earning $4,000 per month than a 5% chance of earning $10,000 per month, isn't it?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Which jewelry company to choose?

I would suggest going with the company that you feel passionate about. One other option might be Morgan Dane. We have .925 sterling, we make 30% of our sales, we offer online ordering, our hostess receives free jewelry with a $100 party, although our average party is $800-$1000, 85% of our pieces are hand-made in the U.S., we offer your choice of finish, lifetime guarantee, $99 starter kit, and many states are not yet represented, which gives you a huge benefit to do tremendous!
Just a thought. If you're interested in viewing the catalog my website is morgandanedesigns.com/llindholm
Old 08-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Indy!
I think you may have missed that when you sell $2300+ you earn a 5% bonus back in commissions, 5% Free Biz Supplies, AND Free Jewelry Credits.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Awesome WAHM

I would propose a few more questions for you to consider. Not just how much money can you earn, but how much income will be RESIDUAL? How often are you going to get reorders? How big will you have to build your team in order to get a regular paycheck? What kind of track record does the company have during difficult economic times? Can you see written statements of the average incomes at different statuses/levels within the company?

Good luck in your decision!