Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:03 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I am creating a support site for those who work at home and have a couple of questions:

(1) Aren't most all "party plan" businesses a SUB-set of MLM, meaning that they all reward you to some degree to sign up others in layers under you?

I want to make sure I classify businesses correctly.

(2) I have boards for lots of MLMs, but only a few party plans. Would you e willing to list the party plan you're in and/or others you are familiar with?

Thanks for your help,

Alison
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Awesome WAHM

As far as I know, all party plans are a sub-set of MLM....which is AWESOME because that is a great way to generate residual income!!

I'm with It Works! which isn't really a traditional party plan, but we do home parties nontheless!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:24 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Thanks, Janine. I'd never heard of It Works! I'll add a board for that. Thanks again.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Grand WAHM

Watkins can be classified as both. Another 'word' that is often used is network marketing. I think the main reason is because the "MLM" word has gotten a bad wrap over the years. Does that make sense?
In any case, I would say that most DS companies can be classified as both. I guess it depends on the programs the company offers and the requirements imposed by company policy.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks, Alison! I appreciate that!! It Works! helps people lose FAT inches in only 45 minutes with their Ultimate Body Applicator. This applicator is an all-natural, herbal, homeopathic body patch that stimulates blood circulation, opens the lymphatics, shrinks your engorged fat cells, and detoxifies the body!!! I'm surprised you haven't heard of it....it's all the rage and the results have been overwhelming!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:52 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yes, I have just seen a consistent distinction between MLM/NWM and Party Plans and I've always thought the distinction was applied incorrectly.

I've already got a board for Watkins. Feel free to put in a post.

Alison
Old 06-18-2009, 01:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi Alison,

I have worked with both pure MLM and party plan companies over the years. Party Plan is really just a method of Direct Sales. The method of compensation for Party Plan could be considered Multi-Level Marketing.

I would recommend that you look at the DSA or DSWA. Both have membership list which will list the companies and their classification of business model. That would let you know what the company is currently using. Some companies change models over time.

I just joined Maddy Moo Creations which is a new Party Plan company. We just got granted full membership to the DSA. We have had a lot of professional women who are looking for a home based business come to us through the DSA website.

Good luck with your research!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:14 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Lorene, thanks for the tip. Great idea. And I added Maddie Moos Creations as well.

Best,

Alison
Old 06-18-2009, 02:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks, Alison! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you. I love Direct Sales and Party Plan!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:11 AM
WAHM Master

Hi!

I'm with Usborne Books, we do parties, but also bookfairs and reading programs.

Party Plans seem to tie into the Direct Sales approach of MLM. It just focuses more on the product, then the $$$ aspect. Though the income potential is the same as with any MLM company.

Debbie