Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:39 AM
Registered WAHM

Default We are seeking a mentor...

Hello All! I'd like to introduce myself.~ My name is Candy, I live in Orange County, NY ~ My adult daughter and I would like to start selling OO. I need a little more info though. And... we need to find the right mentor. A little about us.... I'm in my very late 50s, married, with 2 sons still living at home. My daughter is 37, divorced, with 2 highschoolers. We both work in our county nursing home. We would like to sign up as a team. Is that possible? If something happens to one of us, the other should be able to continue to run the business. I am looking to retire in maybe 5 years or so and I'm looking for a way to supplement my retirement. Maybe move south to Texas and buy a few acres. We are a bit of a prepper family... So I would like to build a business that I can make money with online and not have to worry about giving it up just to move away. We are not very computer savvy though. (My other daughter, in Texas is pretty good though. Maybe we'll bring her on board with us some day.) I was hoping someone was available who could help in that department as well as teaching us to be good mentors also, in case someone wants to come on board with us. I've been thinking about this for over a month. I've read blogs and watched videos.... trying to find out all I can about the company and how everything works AND trying to find the right fit in a mentor. Someone in our area might be nice... There seems to be quite a few super good teams out there and honestly I'm feeling a little sick that I will ask the wrong one and ruin everything.... Yes, I know, a little dramatic maybe... But it really has been a bit stressful... I need to get on the ball. People have been asking me when I was going to start selling.. Sooo.... we'd like to start now. Thank you for listening to me. I'm looking forward to finding our fit. ~God Bless
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2014, 07:06 AM
Super WAHM

I tell ya, I can't express enough how important it is to find the right mentor before you join! It really matters. I sent you a PM with some info.

Good luck in your journey! It's a wild ride for sure. LOL
Old 02-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Candy! You are 100% on the right track looking for a good mentor! The training you receive from them one on one can be so helpful! Also look for a good upline. My Director is amazing and has a facebook group where we can post ideas and questions. She is very active and sends out emails all the time to keep us up to date. You and your daughter can definitely be on a team! I have a mother daughter duo on my team that live in California and her daughter is an adult with kids! They love working together and since they are older one can take over for the other very easily if need be! If you have any questions for me I would love to answer them. I hope you find your "perfect match" and you can start your O2 journey soon!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Registered WAHM

Default ~

Thank you all who responded to our request for help. You have been very nice and encouraging. But alas we can choose only one mentor....~God Bless~
Old 03-07-2014, 08:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Interview for your Mentor

I highly recommend you interviewing for your Mentor. Get on the phone with them. It is permanent and if you can't talk to them before you join, you probably can't talk to them ever as everyone has their best face forward at first glance online but the phone is second best to a face to face chat. Here are some things that you should ask before you join:

How do you work? What is your Mentoring style? Helicopter or Resource Guide?

How reachable are you? What are your hours?

Aside from company training, what do you provide your team?

How many parties do you do a month?

How involved are you with o2 and how often do you check your back office?

The company provides so much information that anyone can survive being in o2 without a Mentor but a Mentor who does their mentoring, makes the journey so much better. The biggest complaint I hear about people not being happy or succeeding on o2 is because of a Mentor. People make the Mentor an excuse for their lack of success stating that they joined one who is not working the business or someone who does not know or do anything with o2 or simply not reachable. An absent one should not make one not successful (there is soooo much training in the back office) but having a great can definitely help you get to success.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Registered WAHM

Default I can help!

Hi Candy
I also sent you a message
I'd love to help you with this new journey!
Ask me any questions you may have.
Have a great day.