Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Banned

Default Good Bye Origami Owl

Just wanted to say thank you for all the threads on here, I've met some wonderful designers on this group page, and also from other threads...but I'm hanging up my wings!

Good Bye Origami Owl...hope you have it more together next year.

Aloha,
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Awesome WAHM

Good luck in your future endeavors!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:58 AM
Super WAHM

I'm sorry you feel that way. With all it's ups and downs I still feel that they are on the right track and that 2014 is going to be amazing. I am on track to make Executive Team Leader in just a few months.

Every business is what you make it. Good luck.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Unfortunate

That is unfortunate that you feel this way. I just started a couple months ago. I have seen some troubling things, but nothing that is horrible. Is there something that happened to make you decide to 'hang up your wings'?
Old 12-20-2013, 09:12 AM
Awesome WAHM

I'm always reminded that there are no perfect companies where everything is 100% the way you want. Nothing is . OO is still relatively new but that said, I have friends with companies that are 10-15+ years in business and they have issues. So it's not always the new companies. I hope this doesn't demotivate the rest of you gals.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Banned

Hi,
I appreciate all the positive posts! But it IS what you make it. However, I do believe there are factors that really bring a consultant down no matter what the consultant does, some things are out of their hands.
I know that after being on the WAHM forum for years and years, I've come to realize that sometimes you need to just vent a little. Sometimes it is disappointing...and sometimes you choose to move on. It isn't giving up..it is realizing that it isn't a good fit for not only yourself, but also for your family either. It affects everyone.
And that was one tough decision to make. But it was made.
I'm happy that people have been messaging me too...and we can also support each other.
O2 will always be a part of my experience. But remember...it is up to you to stay or go.
Here's to new adventures!! I actually just joined Sweet Minerals!! I'm the FIRST in my state of Hawaii! So I'm really excited
Thanks for all the best wishes...feels warm aloha, mermaid me
Old 12-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Registered WAHM

I left OO for alot of the same reasons. Mine were bc of the business side. No mentor for 6 months. .mine decided not to build a team..no problem..but OO would never give me another one even though they sent me an email sayiny would b in touch..waited over 3 months to get website approved...never heard a word..so basically poor communication from OO after promising me a call. I need communication so I moved on. I know there are a ton of happy designers with oo so I am happy for you. That's why there do many direct sales...we can all pick what fits for us.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Good luck to you and thank goodness I stayed

I have been here since January 2012 and will always be here. It has been amazing - yes there are bumps here and there - by just wow... how amazing things can happen when one just buckles up and does the work. No hiccups is so bad when EVERYONE practically buys the products without me having to ask or beg. I've sold for many other companies who "have it together" but not as many people wanted to buy what I had to sell, and that is a problem when you are in the business of selling =) The only reason why they don't have it together is that they grew to over 65,000 reps in 2 years. It gets pretty hard to please everyone.

Best of luck to you and hope you find yours.

With the unveiling of the 2014 sneak peek video and with them so "put together" compared to last year, I am pretty sure thousands are wishing they stayed. But once you are out, you have to wait 6 months before they allow you to come in again. Many are not aware of that.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Good Luck To You!

Good Luck to you in your next adventure.
I have been with Origami Owl since October 2013.
This company is growing so quickly and I am so excited to be a part of it! We are all learning together and only great things are happening.
The bumps along the way are simply growing pains that are always fixed and taken care of.
Here's to a wonderful 2014!
BLING IT ON!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:27 AM
WAHM Regular

Oragami seems like such a wonderful company and all I can say is that I pray that the powers that be at the company look into relinquishing and unhappy reps to see what they can do and what can be done to re-connect them to the company!