Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:26 PM
dōTERRA Wellness Advocate

Default Am I misunderstanding this?

So I was wondering about the strategic placement some other companies offer. Does that mean if I signed up under a particular mentor (because I felt that person was a good fit for me) that mentor could then turn around and just move me under someone else (who may not be such a good fit)?
And if that's what it is, couldn't I accomplish the same by simply having my new designer use one of my downline's mentor numbers to enroll?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 05:11 AM
Super WAHM

I wasn't sure what you were talking about at first. But after looking around I get it. And it looks like that's exactly what it does.

Personally, I would never want to move any of my level ones. I make more money off of them than my downlines. Seems like not a good thing IMO.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Awesome WAHM

The placement is a common thing more with mlm than party plan so that is a bit unusual for a party plan. With party plan or direct sales, anyone you personally recruit is direct to you. I haven't looked at all party plan plans but seems to be the norm.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:38 AM

I guess the point of it is to go multilevel quicker. What bothers me is that it seems like the new designer has no say in it. They sign up under a particular mentor only to find out that mentor decided to ship them off to someone else.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Without knowing what particular opportunity you are talking about, I would have to assume this has something to do with a matrix situation and/or commisisons. The only benefit that I can think of one would get by strategically placing members under certain mentors would be that it fills up their "matrix" and then they would be paid more. As someone said here before...this kinda is unfair to the program owner, as they have designed their opportunity for each to be rewarded for their own efforts.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Mentors

Hi,
I've been with O2 for over a year and I've never heard of someone moving one of their designers to someone else in their downline. It wouldn't make sense as you make more money off your 1st line. (Your directs, the people who you personally enroll.)

I definitely would not have someone enroll under my mentor. You would lose a direct for yourself.

If after you enroll and wanted to change mentors it's a big deal and you need to go through the nest to do it. Plus you need a real good reason. Please read the P&P on this.

If I were you and had some questions about this I would go to Origami Owl. Use the contact us option. Send an email to compliance to get correct answers.....Or give designercare a call!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamsahoot View Post
Hi,
I've been with O2 for over a year and I've never heard of someone moving one of their designers to someone else in their downline. It wouldn't make sense as you make more money off your 1st line. (Your directs, the people who you personally enroll.)

I definitely would not have someone enroll under my mentor. You would lose a direct for yourself.

If after you enroll and wanted to change mentors it's a big deal and you need to go through the nest to do it. Plus you need a real good reason. Please read the P&P on this.

If I were you and had some questions about this I would go to Origami Owl. Use the contact us option. Send an email to compliance to get correct answers.....Or give designercare a call!

Pam, please re-read my original question (and maybe take a look around what other companies are doing). You are misunderstanding. I have no intention of doing this but other companies are using this "strategic placement option" as a selling tool. I was just trying to understand a) the point of it and b) why this is even an option when someone could just simply sign up under a downline team member (rather than signing up with a rep and then being moved within 30 days.)
So no, my question is not something that would be answered by our P&P (since O2 doesn't offer strategic placement) nor would I contact O2 to ask for clarification on how OTHER COMPANIES handle their business.

Last edited by TiniOwl; 08-20-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Strategic Placement

Strategic Placement is an amazing tool. I love it and use it to help my team. The benefits of strategic placement are to move people that you personally enroll under another leader in your downline. The reasons for doing this would be to connect two of your Artists that are in the same geographic area or two put people together that you think would work well together, for example my upline is on the west coast, I am on the east. She has moved girls under me because I am in the same time zone as them. I have moved one of my level 1's under another of my girls because they were closer together and I knew they would work awesome together in building their teams. They just promoted to Team Builder and Team Leader because they worked together to get there. When moves are made (in our company) they are discussed with the parties involved, no one is ever just moved without cause or if they don't want to be. You are still their enroller and earn the same commission off them as you would if they were your level 1. It's a win, win for everyone and allows our leaders to help their downline build teams. It's not like you are still not their upline, they can still come to you with anything.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Barnes View Post
Strategic Placement is an amazing tool. I love it and use it to help my team. The benefits of strategic placement are to move people that you personally enroll under another leader in your downline. The reasons for doing this would be to connect two of your Artists that are in the same geographic area or two put people together that you think would work well together, for example my upline is on the west coast, I am on the east. She has moved girls under me because I am in the same time zone as them. I have moved one of my level 1's under another of my girls because they were closer together and I knew they would work awesome together in building their teams. They just promoted to Team Builder and Team Leader because they worked together to get there. When moves are made (in our company) they are discussed with the parties involved, no one is ever just moved without cause or if they don't want to be. You are still their enroller and earn the same commission off them as you would if they were your level 1. It's a win, win for everyone and allows our leaders to help their downline build teams. It's not like you are still not their upline, they can still come to you with anything.
Thanks Erin, that makes more sense.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default placement

Hi,
I did misunderstand the question, I'm sorry. I thought you were asking as if O2 were allowing strategic placement. I don't understand the use for it myself. Adding people to your downline's downline just doesn't seen to make good financial sense. From the coaching I've received I learned that You want to grow your downline wide then deep.......