Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Book Party

I am doing my first book party - what is the best way to do this? Also if they want to place an order online is there away they can do that and the hostess still get the credit?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 07:34 PM
dōTERRA Wellness Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktlynne4 View Post
I am doing my first book party - what is the best way to do this? Also if they want to place an order online is there away they can do that and the hostess still get the credit?
You need to set up the party in your back office and call it something like "Lisa's Book Party." Then when guests check out they can select the party at checkout.
As far as what works best, I recommend giving the hostess 3 books max. That way everyone has to give it back to her and she gets a chance to take their order. If the hostess has a stack of books and just hands them out chances are they end up in the trash or under stacks of papers under people's desks. My most successful hostess had only one catalog that she showed around at work. She did not send people online but took their orders personally and emailed them to me. She also had me put together lockets and send pictures so people could see what their creation would look like. That is a big help if you are able to do that.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Super WAHM

I call it a "take Out Jewelry Bar" and have a few going on right now. I have a look book I have put together that I include in the kit that I give the hostess. I also loan her a necklace (one on her wish list) so that she can wear it and show it off. I agree, limit the catalogs (I do four) and give her several order forms.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Do you give every hostess a loaner locket? Or just those doing a book party? And do you ever not get them back?

Also, if someone places an order online, does it ship right away, or wait for the party to close? What if they place the order online and then want to change it?

Thanks so much!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineGeddes View Post
Do you give every hostess a loaner locket? Or just those doing a book party? And do you ever not get them back?

Also, if someone places an order online, does it ship right away, or wait for the party to close? What if they place the order online and then want to change it?

Thanks so much!
I've never not gotten my loaner locket back except when she buys it as her hostess item. I try to give them to both if I have the stock. Definitely give one to the hostess to wear day off party.

Your catalog party sales will be higher if they can see the product!

If a person orders online it will ship when it's ready and doesn't wait for party to close. All orders placed and posted in the party tab ship as you enter them. So you can enter some they will ship and you can enter the rest of the orders & close the party days later. No problem!

I have a loaner locket agreement I use.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Super WAHM

In the year and a half I've been doing it, I've never had anyone not either 1. return the locket or 2. decide to purchase it with their hostess credit. And I have had them all over the country- mailing them the locket and supplies.