Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:26 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Mentor ?

So I am looking for some advice from some of the fabulous mentors here. Not sure if I should be upset or not but just wanted some input.

I was approached to have Origami Owl represented at an event and since I am a DIW I asked my mentor if we could do it together so I could watch and get involved. Now let me preface this by saying at a previous event that I was approached about and couldnt do my mentor provided me a gift cert and agreed any leads would be directed to me if I was up and running. So at this event we were approached by 2 organizations that were interested in having Origami at in the next month as well as a jewelry bar. To my astonishment my mentor booked the events, took their info and exchanged business cards. Not once was I asked about my schedule. I was speechless and didnt know what to say or do.

This has left me feeling like my mentor is in it for the money and not to help me be successful....especially since I gave her the info for both events.

Do I have a right to be upset or because I am just a DIW chalk it up as a loss and lesson learned?

Thanks for your input. Please feel free to PM me your thoughts as this is a public forum.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Susan Rae

I'll definitely pm you.

Um YES you should be ticked!!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Awesome WAHM

Ummm ya, I'd be pretty upset too. Usually when you do an event even with another designer you split the leads and sales. I'm not sure why she wouldn't do that! I mean you're on the same team!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks to those that replied and PM'd me. I am going to reply privately to all of you. I am relieved to know my feelings are not unjustified.