Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Default DIWs

I know there's been a lot going in this week, but do you think there'll be any updates for DIWs? Pretty please??
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Super WAHM

I wish I could tell you for sure that there have been updates, but no one really knows. With all of the new things that are going on, the Nest seems to be giving all of their attention to that making sure everything is right. I am keeping my fingers crossed, though
Old 04-26-2013, 05:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleshamrock View Post
I wish I could tell you for sure that there have been updates, but no one really knows. With all of the new things that are going on, the Nest seems to be giving all of their attention to that making sure everything is right. I am keeping my fingers crossed, though
You and me both thank you
Old 04-29-2013, 05:44 AM
WAHM Regular

According to the Nest, there will be no DIW added until they get the inventory problems under control. Sounds like it could be a while I'm #12025 so I am wondering if I will even get to sell this summer
Old 04-29-2013, 05:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Not sure when they will let DIWs in. Most back ordered charms don't come in until LATE JUNE
Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktlynne4 View Post
Not sure when they will let DIWs in. Most back ordered charms don't come in until LATE JUNE

Hopefully that's worse case scenario if these overseas strikes don't get straightened out.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Susan Rae

Just be patient! There's nothing we can do about striking workers.

I was a diw for 3 months & I wish I would have done a few things during that wait so once I was active I would have everything ready.

Find a few networking groups/clubs in your area. They usually meet monthly or every other month. Those groups will know all the good events/festivals that you should try to get into.

Even tho you don't know when you will be official there's things you can do as far as preparing. Get a separate calendar. Look up all events that will be coming up that if you were official you would want to be in. Write the date it is held & the date the paperwork is due in by. For each event find out the go to contact person & call/email to request the paperwork. You have the pricing etc so you can know how much to budget for. Do this on all of them. Go ahead & fill out most of the form. Then file it by month/day.

Get your Paypal acct set up for your business. If you have a personal one it's easy to convert. I suggest getting 2 card readers. The company likes PayAnywhere. Personally I like SquareUp or Paypal better. You have access to your money the next day. You may intend on running all cc thru your back office. The customers I've had do not want their cc info written down on the forms to be processed later. I don't blame them because I wouldn't either. Most women don't carry cash or checks. If someone asks to pay by check at a party I do tell them & the hostess that I won't place the party order until the check clears. I'm not running all over town to people banks to cash them either. Usually they will pay by cc so they don't hold the party orders up.

I'd also be saving every dime I could to be able to buy the largest kit. I bought the small kit but wished I would have saved to buy the bigger. If you can pay for it outright rather than charging it. I don't put anything on cc that I can't pay off when I get the bill that month. Don't overextend your business from the start.

HTH!

Susan
Old 04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Susan, hangin in there believe me . I am fully prepared right down to having my laminator ready for when my catalogs get here And I am networking like crazy - I have 7 parties ready to book, it's very frustrating! But I know everything happens for a reason and "good things come to those who wait" I know I am next in line, just wish I had a certain date.

I was all set to order the large kit. Now, I am on the fence. Even though you get a ton of charms in the larger kit, you do not get any stones, letters, etc which I feel are probably most popular. I feel like I should get the smaller kit and add all the stones and a bunch of the letters so I have a good variety, plus any of the different color lockets I don't end up getting. I will probably end up spending as much as I would spend getting the large kit, but I know if I ordered the large kit, I would still end up wanting all of the stones, some letters and would end up spending over 700, which I don't want to do. Opinions??
Old 04-29-2013, 12:02 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristinae115 View Post
Susan, hangin in there believe me . I am fully prepared right down to having my laminator ready for when my catalogs get here And I am networking like crazy - I have 7 parties ready to book, it's very frustrating! But I know everything happens for a reason and "good things come to those who wait" I know I am next in line, just wish I had a certain date.

I was all set to order the large kit. Now, I am on the fence. Even though you get a ton of charms in the larger kit, you do not get any stones, letters, etc which I feel are probably most popular. I feel like I should get the smaller kit and add all the stones and a bunch of the letters so I have a good variety, plus any of the different color lockets I don't end up getting. I will probably end up spending as much as I would spend getting the large kit, but I know if I ordered the large kit, I would still end up wanting all of the stones, some letters and would end up spending over 700, which I don't want to do. Opinions??

That's what I think I'll end up doing also. Buying the smaller kit and adding to it. Like you said... I'll end up probably paying the same amount as the larger kit but I will have items that don't come in the large kit whereas if I bought the large kit I'd still have to make those purchases and spend more. I am frustrated to have been on the waiting list since February. I'm #447 now so I should be in the next wave... BUT.... even though it's frustrating I have also found that the delay of the DIW's couldn't have come at a better time. My husband was just in a car accident last week and now we have to replace his car so I won't have the money for my kit right now anyways. The longer the better for me now! Everything happens for a reason I am meant to be an O2 Designer. This is just God's little way of making sure that happens when it's supposed too LOL
Old 04-29-2013, 12:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tms521 View Post
That's what I think I'll end up doing also. Buying the smaller kit and adding to it. Like you said... I'll end up probably paying the same amount as the larger kit but I will have items that don't come in the large kit whereas if I bought the large kit I'd still have to make those purchases and spend more. I am frustrated to have been on the waiting list since February. I'm #447 now so I should be in the next wave... BUT.... even though it's frustrating I have also found that the delay of the DIW's couldn't have come at a better time. My husband was just in a car accident last week and now we have to replace his car so I won't have the money for my kit right now anyways. The longer the better for me now! Everything happens for a reason I am meant to be an O2 Designer. This is just God's little way of making sure that happens when it's supposed too LOL
I love this - and I believe it too. It will happen when it's supposed to. I hope your hubby is doing okay!!