Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Default DIW - what to purchase before flying

Hi all,
Can you please recommend some items to purchase before I fly? I've looked thru pics, but not sure exactly what comes with the kits vs what each Designer has purchased.
ie:
necklace holder - stand or fake neck?
charm holder (I've seen ones that look like they have small plastic round cups?)
other display items?

Any other hints on purchases? I'm finally under 10,000 - so have some time to do this RIGHT!
Thanks!
Christine
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 03:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineGeddes View Post
Hi all,
Can you please recommend some items to purchase before I fly? I've looked thru pics, but not sure exactly what comes with the kits vs what each Designer has purchased.
ie:
necklace holder - stand or fake neck?
charm holder (I've seen ones that look like they have small plastic round cups?)
other display items?

Any other hints on purchases? I'm finally under 10,000 - so have some time to do this RIGHT!
Thanks!
Christine
Hi Christine,
The only display items you can buy through O2 is the white owls and a necklace stand that rotates, and the table cloth. Everything else you must order elsewhere. The small plastic round cups are found at gemsondisplay.com or I bought mine from amazon. Many designers have found cute display items at Micheal's and home goods. I'm sure other designers will help with more ideas!!!

I hope this helped!!
Brianna
Old 04-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Just my opinion but you don't want to get too much stuff and clutter your table. I've seen some that have went crazy with owl stuff that it overwhelms what you are trying to sell. All I purchased was an owl vase that I found online at zgallerie.com, 3 linen busts from nilecorp.com, a mirror, 2 jewelry bowls, one of the tiered serving trays I found at Ross, and my table cloth which is a teal twin sized sheet I found at Walmart for about $5.00.

Hope this helps

Heather Horne
Independent Designer #11372
hhornedesigns.origamiowl.com
Old 04-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Awesome WAHM

Nilecorp.com has great gem trays for charms i believe the trays are 1inch. the cases are 2-1p and 1-2p. Michael's, TJMaxx, and home goods all have goodies from time to time. I got my linen bust at Michael's with a 40% coupon. And keep it simple! Stick to the O2 colors.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Super WAHM

Yes, I totally agree with keeping it simple; some people go owl crazy!! I found my owl at Marshall's (same one as in the back office), and got jewelry busts at Michaels with a 50% off coupon (I have the linen ones, but the white or black are nice, too). Nile corp has the trays at a good price, and I also got some risers to put my busts on (lifts them up a little. You'll need a tablecloth, which can be found cheaply online. Maybe a mirror, and something to display your chains.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks everyone! That gives me a great idea of where to start. I am a DS rep for another company (not jewelry), so many of the items mentioned I have already. I agree, keeping it simple and uncluttered is they way to go - and it's great to know how you all display the charms, etc.
Thank you!!