Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Out of stock

I had a party last Friday which hasn't closed out yet. The 32" flat oval custom chain is on back order until like mid May now. At least 4 people ordered one. I'm not sure if I missed it on the product list or what?! What's the best way to handle this with the customers? I have a party tonight and 2 this weekend. Should I tell them upfront that its out of stock and I can't order it? I've asked a few other people and received mixed reviews. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Super WAHM

That one has been out of stock for awhile i am pretty sure. I
My understanding from watching the webinar is that we cannot sell items that are on future ship status so absolutely print out the most recent list and share it at your party. You won't be able to close or an order if bit contains a future ship status item. I believe they said that after you place an order things in that order can go on back order and those items will ship to the host or customer at a later date. But if you know before your party that an item is on future ship status then it cannot be sold.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Susan Rae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleigh5786 View Post
I had a party last Friday which hasn't closed out yet. The 32" flat oval custom chain is on back order until like mid May now. At least 4 people ordered one. I'm not sure if I missed it on the product list or what?! What's the best way to handle this with the customers? I have a party tonight and 2 this weekend. Should I tell them upfront that its out of stock and I can't order it? I've asked a few other people and received mixed reviews. Thanks!!
I tell them at checkout. I keep a list & when I'm adding up their order I make sure all products Re in stock. You can tell her when it gets in you'll get it to her or have her pic another chain. They are gonna make it to where we can BO products in the party tab so the hostess still gets credit and the customer is charged. But that isn't in affect yet.

Customers only get frustrated when we aren't up front and communicating with them!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 PM
WAHM Regular

So it turns out I looked at the wrong item number and there were no issues as the chain I thought was on back order really wasn't. Apparently I shouldn't try to multitask when checking that list lol. Now, I'm having another issue. I entered a party tonight and tried like 10 times to enter the March round birthstone CH3003. I do not see it on the list of out of stocks or low in stock but it will not let me add it! Anyone know what's up with that??
Old 04-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Susan Rae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleigh5786 View Post
So it turns out I looked at the wrong item number and there were no issues as the chain I thought was on back order really wasn't. Apparently I shouldn't try to multitask when checking that list lol. Now, I'm having another issue. I entered a party tonight and tried like 10 times to enter the March round birthstone CH3003. I do not see it on the list of out of stocks or low in stock but it will not let me add it! Anyone know what's up with that??
There have been some kinks. Supposed to be all fixed now. Did you try quick add?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:38 PM
WAHM Regular

I just tried and it still says "insufficient quantity." I keep checking the updated product list and still don't see it on there. So weird!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Super WAHM

I have heard the March stone is out of stock. I don't know if it is on the list but I have heard from a lot of reps it is unavailable.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Super WAHM

It is out of stock right now. BUT, did you know that the March stone is more like the color of a blue topaz (which is December's birthstone) and the December stone is more like an aquamarine (March's birthstone)?? I often say that O2 mixed those up. I have worked in the jewelry business for years, and know the difference! Plus, my son's b-day is in March, and I have a lot of aquamarines. The December O2 birthstone is much closer to an aquamarine. Hope that helps
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Susan Rae

The December is a very light blue and the aquamarine has the aqua blue color to it. I have 5 in 1 of my Lockets. I don't see then looking alike at all but I guess we all have different eyes lol. If you look at them in natural sunlight it's very easy to tell them apart.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Just a heads up, I've also hear that the January and September stones are out as well. I haven't seen them on the list yet.