Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Retired Items in Kit

I assume there is no way to trade out retired items?

I am a new designer, bought the large kit, havent even had my first jewelry bar yet and I noticed a good majority of my charms are now to be retired, my catalogs are worthless, etc... a tad bit frustrating and such a waste of $$.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Susan Rae

Sell them!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Registered WAHM

Oh I will try. It is just frustrating...

I feel like I've been scammed. They obviously knew ahead of time what products would be retired, those should not have been included in the kits. I also would have waited to sign up had I known my catalogs would not be of use.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misserion View Post
Oh I will try. It is just frustrating...

I feel like I've been scammed. They obviously knew ahead of time what products would be retired, those should not have been included in the kits. I also would have waited to sign up had I known my catalogs would not be of use.
Those catalogs are definitely of use! Susan suggested in an early thread that she puts a sticker on them saying "Contact me for new catalog".

Also, a lot of people are actually looking for retired items a lot. So it really helps to have a few extra around.

I'm sorry your frustrated. But It is a good thing in the long run.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Susan Rae

Just sell what you have and order the replacements when you've sold them all.

You could do a retirement special and sell all retired charms at $3.50 each or something like that.

We ALL have retired items its not just you. Some of us just ordered last week to replenish our stock. Look at it as an opportunity not a issue!!

Sell those charms girl!!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:43 PM
dōTERRA Wellness Advocate

I am actually ordering a few of the retiring charms because they are popular and I hate to see them go (pink running shoe!). So I'm sure you will sell them. When I do a party I don't start by handing everyone a catalog, I start by putting out the jewelry and have everyone work with what I have. It's hard enough to choose so why make it more difficult by giving even more choices. I only direct them to the catalog if someone asks for a specific item that we have but that I don't have in stock.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Since they are retiring the hummingbird - I guess they are not getting more in! So if anyone has one I would love to buy it off you!!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Registered WAHM

[QUOTE=Eye;3110455]Those catalogs are definitely of use! Susan suggested in an early thread that she puts a sticker on them saying "Contact me for new catalog".

Hand out outdated catalogs full of retired products and then tell them to contact you for a new catalog. sure seems like a waste of time and effort to me!! As a customer I want to buy something now, I dont want to look through a dead catalog, then request a new one, THEN order. My time is much more valuable than that.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:11 AM
Super WAHM

[QUOTE=misserion;3110617]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye View Post
Those catalogs are definitely of use! Susan suggested in an early thread that she puts a sticker on them saying "Contact me for new catalog".

Hand out outdated catalogs full of retired products and then tell them to contact you for a new catalog. sure seems like a waste of time and effort to me!! As a customer I want to buy something now, I dont want to look through a dead catalog, then request a new one, THEN order. My time is much more valuable than that.
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Truth be told, a lot of the charms in the old catalog are still going to be carried. So I don't see how it's a waste. But to each their own. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Susan Rae

I guess I don't see it as a time waster when you are getting a paying customer who will wear their jewelry and her friends will see it then word of mouth about you being the go to designer.

You may have a different opinion than your customer. They may look at the catalog & say wow this catalog is great I wonder what's in the new one. Then call you all excited.

Attitude is everything. You get back what you put out in my opinion. I CHOSE to figure out how I can work it.

I have 50 of the old catalogs myself. So I'm gonna make good use of them :-)