Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Small starter kit question

Those of you who purchased the smaller kit....were you successful in launching your home parties with the limited items? Due to cost and hubby not working it is looking like that is what I can afford at this time. I am bummed I can't get the other.

I am hosting a party in a few weeks with my mentor to introduce family and friends to the product so I can always use my hostess rewards toward my inventory. I was gonna do a launch party but chose to host one instead so I could watch my mentor work. Wad that a bad decision?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

I started with the small kit and have done great!! As I made more money I just added on people understand and don't mind ordering.

As for your launch I think that should be your party. Your mentor can still come and help you out, but shouldn't you get paid for that?! You could use that money towards adding on to your kit! If you want to see how a party runs see if she'll let you tag along to one of her parties, but don't give up your comission!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:56 PM
dōTERRA Wellness Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triciaromo1123 View Post
I started with the small kit and have done great!! As I made more money I just added on people understand and don't mind ordering.

As for your launch I think that should be your party. Your mentor can still come and help you out, but shouldn't you get paid for that?! You could use that money towards adding on to your kit! If you want to see how a party runs see if she'll let you tag along to one of her parties, but don't give up your comission!
I was going to say the same thing. I had someone who wanted to host a party but then signed on as a DIW before we finished planning her party. I suggested that she buy a locket from me at cost and start showing it to her friends and then do her launch party once she is official, rather than hosting my party. So that's what she is doing. I would gladly take her to a party with me too if she wanted to do that as well. She is selling other direct sale things though so she is fine.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:25 PM
WAHM Regular

I think the same as the others. Have your own party.

I got the smaller kit and bought a few things as I went. I'm doing fine so far. I don't do make and takes and it is plenty to show off.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:13 AM
WAHM Regular

Definitely do your own launch! Your commision will be better than your hostess rewards.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Super WAHM

TOTALLY agree with everyone here.

I started with the smaller kit, and then used my commission and Hoot Loot to buy inventory and more business supplies. It's been working out really well for me. And people don't mind ordering, but they DO love playing with the charms and lockets to see how they work, and to give them Ideas for what they want.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Susan Rae

I think you should speak to your mentor about your concerns. I do think you should wait & make it your launch party.

I've had a hostess turn diw twice. One of them I gave her the 10% hostess reward in wholesale & she bought items for her kit like birthstones & the rose gold & gold Lockets since they don't come in the small kit.

The other I gave her the commission from the party after she was official.

They weren't incentives to join because they already had. Since the Nest put out notice we aren't allowed to give incentives to sign up it would be against the rules now.

Just explain to her that you'd rather it be your launch party. She SHOULD be at your first party anyway to help out.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:45 AM
dōTERRA Wellness Advocate

Were people offering incentives to join? Yikes! I don't think I would want someone on the team because I bribed them. I have never tried very hard to convince anyone to join. I have however discouraged people (gently) from joining my team when I didn't think they were a good fit.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Susan Rae

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiniOwl View Post
Were people offering incentives to join? Yikes! I don't think I would want someone on the team because I bribed them. I have never tried very hard to convince anyone to join. I have however discouraged people (gently) from joining my team when I didn't think they were a good fit.
Yep they call it "sponsoring them". I've had a few people ask me if I offer any incentives or sponsoring. I'm like its not a government bail out people.

You're incentive is to have your own business & make money. I do incentives for my team for most pv & recruit in a month but not for joining. If I get desperate enough to pay for someone's kit so they'll join my team shoot me please!!