Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Default DIW-what is a rack card?

I keep seeing posts about it....what is it and how do you get it? Also, can I order labels now for my catalogues while I wait? If so where do you get yours from? What other marketing items can I do?

I am so confused and my mentor is pretty busy so I feel bad asking her questions. I know I shouldnt but I do. I feel like I should be doing more as I wait and get my marketing supplies in order. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Susan Rae

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2threeowls View Post
I keep seeing posts about it....what is it and how do you get it? Also, can I order labels now for my catalogues while I wait? If so where do you get yours from? What other marketing items can I do?

I am so confused and my mentor is pretty busy so I feel bad asking her questions. I know I shouldnt but I do. I feel like I should be doing more as I wait and get my marketing supplies in order. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks!
I wouldn't order anything until after you've submitted your info & are official. You'll want to add your designer number, website, email etc and you won't know those until you're official.

A rack card is one of those cards you see at wedding shops and boutiques that are double side cards that are typically long. It's cheaper to hand those out to prospective customers than catalogs.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Just make labels for your catalogs, that way you can print them at home after you fly with all your information on them.
I've gotten my labels at office max and then you can create a label in word using the label wizard
Old 04-05-2013, 05:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Regarding the website....you can pick a name for that correct? This is the website where people can order from and the facebook page has to be a specific way?

So labels and display items can be of your choosing while rack cards, business cards and price displays are specific from certain vendors and the BO?

Also what color linen do most of you use? Teal? Does it need to be specific?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:36 AM
Susan Rae

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2threeowls View Post
Regarding the website....you can pick a name for that correct? This is the website where people can order from and the facebook page has to be a specific way?

So labels and display items can be of your choosing while rack cards, business cards and price displays are specific from certain vendors and the BO?

Also what color linen do most of you use? Teal? Does it need to be specific?
Yes and yes to your first 2 questions.

The only thing that has to be ordered from a certain vendor is business cards.

Everything else is your choosing. There are not price displays, rack cards in the back office to purchase at this time. Most of us use Vista print for our printing needs. It looks more professional. When I first started I printed labels myself but there's no way I'd have the time to do that now. I'd rather order them personally. I was planning to order a stamp but recently I got 2 catalogs from 2 different direct sales companies. Their stamps don't stand out as much as my labels. They both had smears from the ink and one had to be stamped twice because the first one doubled.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanSellsOrigamiOwl View Post
Yes and yes to your first 2 questions.

The only thing that has to be ordered from a certain vendor is business cards.

Everything else is your choosing. There are not price displays, rack cards in the back office to purchase at this time. Most of us use Vista print for our printing needs. It looks more professional. When I first started I printed labels myself but there's no way I'd have the time to do that now. I'd rather order them personally. I was planning to order a stamp but recently I got 2 catalogs from 2 different direct sales companies. Their stamps don't stand out as much as my labels. They both had smears from the ink and one had to be stamped twice because the first one doubled.
Oooo I'm glad I read that Susan! I was thinking about a stamp but I was also wondering what it would look like! I like how my labels are colorful and they do stand out so I think I'll stick with them too
Old 04-05-2013, 07:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Tricia...show me your label! Where are they from? Thank you!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meripley View Post
Tricia...show me your label! Where are they from? Thank you!
I use the ones from the back office
Old 04-08-2013, 08:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Most any thing that you get printed at Vista Print will probably need to have approval from marketing before you order them. You can find things that have been approved and add your information and then have marketing approve them for you.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Susan Rae

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcar9 View Post
Most any thing that you get printed at Vista Print will probably need to have approval from marketing before you order them. You can find things that have been approved and add your information and then have marketing approve them for you.
As long as its already approved and you're only adding your info they don't need to be re-approved.