Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2013, 06:47 AM
drumama's Avatar
WAHM Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 34
Default Games for parties?

What games do you play (for those that do games_) and what do you give away?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Sairabee's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 58
Default

I've never done them in the past, but some of the girls on my team have had great response to two in particular. One is to share a photo of a heart made from charms and guests guess the number of charms it took to make the heart. (winner gets a free charm with purchase)

Another uses slips of paper inside of fortune cookies. Some say "Free charm with purchase!" and others say "Host a Jewelry Bar!" It's not really a game per se, but the gal who is using this is booking 2-3 shows off each party with it.

I'm planning on implementing both at my next show on Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2013, 04:03 PM
drumama's Avatar
WAHM Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 34
Default

Both great ideas! Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:44 PM
littleshamrock's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 290
Default

One thing that I LOVE about Origami Owl is that you really don't have to have games and stuff to have a successful and fun Jewelry Bar. Even though I am always early, people start ooohing and aahing over everything before I even have my table set up! I can't pull my display out fast enough! Everyone is usually looking at the charms at once, and that's when I do my "presentation," which consists mainly of ordering info,specials, shipping info, benefits of hosting, etc. By the time I'm done with that, people start ordering, asking my opinion, etc. Before you know it, the party's over!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Sairabee's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleshamrock View Post
One thing that I LOVE about Origami Owl is that you really don't have to have games and stuff to have a successful and fun Jewelry Bar. Even though I am always early, people start ooohing and aahing over everything before I even have my table set up! I can't pull my display out fast enough! Everyone is usually looking at the charms at once, and that's when I do my "presentation," which consists mainly of ordering info,specials, shipping info, benefits of hosting, etc. By the time I'm done with that, people start ordering, asking my opinion, etc. Before you know it, the party's over!!!
Yes, I do agree that they are unnecessary. I haven't used them yet, and have had no problems selling. Most of my parties close between $700-900, though I've had a few straglers in the $250 range (both with the same group - one show booked off the other). I like giving stuff away here and there though, and it gives me a reason to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2013, 04:06 PM
drumama's Avatar
WAHM Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairabee View Post
Yes, I do agree that they are unnecessary. I haven't used them yet, and have had no problems selling. Most of my parties close between $700-900, though I've had a few straglers in the $250 range (both with the same group - one show booked off the other). I like giving stuff away here and there though, and it gives me a reason to do so.
I was just told by a friend that she went to an OO party and disliked it very much bc all the rep did was sit there, no games, etc. For this reason I am arming myself with games for future parties. I think everyone has a diff idea if what they expect out of home parties. Obviously some people still prefer them.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2013, 05:48 PM
SusanSellsOrigamiOwl's Avatar
Susan Rae
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 863
Default

Well if the rep just sat there that's the problem. This is the first DS company I have ever sold for. I'm from the corporate world. BUT I will tell you when talking to my girlfriends prior to O2 we would uber avoid the girls that did sales parties because they were soooo lame. Lets get serious people know why they are there is to buy something. It all depends how you set up & frame the party. If you set it up with a bunch of chairs sitting around people think there's gonna be games. I like having a gathering area where people can talk , eat while a few go up to the table and shop & an area for check out. I do door prizes to people who fill out all of the Would you like to forms & check host a party. For the most part people go straight to the jewelry & the parties over. They want to shop, buy & get home. That's why alot of people come late so they don't have to deal with the fluff :-)
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Sairabee's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumama View Post
I was just told by a friend that she went to an OO party and disliked it very much bc all the rep did was sit there, no games, etc. For this reason I am arming myself with games for future parties. I think everyone has a diff idea if what they expect out of home parties. Obviously some people still prefer them.
I think the honest truth is kinda like the old saying goes... You'll never please all of the people all of the time. The best thing you can do is be yourself, be passionate about what you're selling, be genuine and upbeat, and the party will flow just fine. If you want to throw in a game, great. If you aren't comfortable with it, that's ok too! Don't sweat the small stuff.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off