Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Default How much do you put back into marketing/supplies?

DIW here... I am curious how much do you put back from your pay for marketing/supplies each month? Where do you market, IE Google, Twitter, FB, Yelp, etc...

I have been out of the direct sales business for about 4/5 years and I know there has been a shift in marketing using social media's more and more.

If you have any blog, vlog or other tutorials that you would refer to a newbie Owl waiting to fly, I would love to review them.

Thank you all for being so friendly and helpful!
Ange
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela.foster View Post
DIW here... I am curious how much do you put back from your pay for marketing/supplies each month? Where do you market, IE Google, Twitter, FB, Yelp, etc...

I have been out of the direct sales business for about 4/5 years and I know there has been a shift in marketing using social media's more and more.

If you have any blog, vlog or other tutorials that you would refer to a newbie Owl waiting to fly, I would love to review them.

Thank you all for being so friendly and helpful!
Ange
Hi! I market online a lot! Having a FB fan page is great, you can set one up once you are official I also use vistaprint to buy rack cards and leave them everywhere!! Groupon always has vistaprint deals so make sure you wait for one to save some money. You don't have to spend a lot to market your business wear your locket you get in your starter kit! I've gotten a lot of business that way too.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Tricia - Which rack card do you use? You just leave them where ever you go? They would make great bookmarks at the library.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:21 PM
WAHM Regular

I am hoping to get one of those vista print deals from groupon!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:25 PM
WAHM Regular

They are two different things. Marketing is to attract customers, and the supplies are to retain them, right?... I am spending more on the first than on the second
Old 02-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcar9 View Post
Tricia - Which rack card do you use? You just leave them where ever you go? They would make great bookmarks at the library.
I got the file from Owls Everywhere yes, they would make nice bookmarks, lol. Just be careful! I left some at my Navy hospital and got an angry call from the director there telling me this was a hospital not a shopping mall, lol. Some places don't like it!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 PM
WAHM Regular

That's funny!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Registered WAHM

Be sure the check the new P&P. There is specific wordage in there about not being allowed to leave materials in commercial retail or service establishments.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral Kutrip View Post
Be sure the check the new P&P. There is specific wordage in there about not being allowed to leave materials in commercial retail or service establishments.
Yes, this was before that now I guess we can't leave toms laying around, but business cards should be fine
Old 02-28-2013, 03:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Marketing and Supplies are indeed 2 different parts of business, but IMHO are as equally as important.

Does no one set back a %age or amount?