Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Default what would you focus on right now?

I'm a DIW who should be signing up next week (woooooooooo). Looking for a little advice, if you could go back and do it again, what would you say I should be doing now, next week after signing, and right after that?

My sponsor does not do O2 a lot, so she can't answer a ton of questions.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Susan Rae

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMama View Post
I'm a DIW who should be signing up next week (woooooooooo). Looking for a little advice, if you could go back and do it again, what would you say I should be doing now, next week after signing, and right after that?

My sponsor does not do O2 a lot, so she can't answer a ton of questions.

Thank you!
Email me and I will send you a bunch of quick start things I wished I'd done. (I had a mentor who wasn't selling so I was lost)

If you can find out what her upline director is let me know. If its the same as mine I'll add you to the fb group. Another awesome resource!!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM
WAHM Regular

Susan, I would be interested also. [email protected]
My rep seems to be really busy with her little one and her other downline, I didnt even know about the waiting list until I spoke with jenfrat here. Thank you!

Last edited by angela.foster; 02-28-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Susan, if you don't mind, me too. My mentor has only been selling for a bit less than two months, so I'll take all the advice I can get.
My email is [email protected]

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela.foster View Post
Susan, I would be interested also. [email protected]
My rep seems to be really busy with her little one and her other downline, I didnt even know about the waiting list until I spoke with jenrat here. Thank you!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Susan Rae

If you will email me [email protected] I will gladly send you the info.

Btw don't let your mentor use the I'm busy for an excuse for not doing her job. Who isn't busy lol! I have a almost 3 yo, a 21 month old plus 2 older children. I have 18 ladies on my team plus some adopted owls from lazy mentors. I co-own a house cleaning business. I'm just saying if they start a team there are responsibilities that go along with it.

I'm always here for anyone no matter if they're on my team or not :-)
Old 02-28-2013, 12:12 PM
WAHM Regular

I couldnt agree more!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Susan can you send that to me too?

I just signed up for the waiting list last weekend. I'm so excited to get started! I'd love to be able to do something right now that will help me get started! The wait is driving me crazy, so having things to work on sure would help keep me busy at the moment!

I will PM you my email. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanSellsOrigamiOwl View Post
If you will email me [email protected] I will gladly send you the info.

Btw don't let your mentor use the I'm busy for an excuse for not doing her job. Who isn't busy lol! I have a almost 3 yo, a 21 month old plus 2 older children. I have 18 ladies on my team plus some adopted owls from lazy mentors. I co-own a house cleaning business. I'm just saying if they start a team there are responsibilities that go along with it.

I'm always here for anyone no matter if they're on my team or not :-)
Susan! You ROCK! I totally agree with having a team take responsibility!!! I too have a few adopted owls and just started in Jan!

This business takes all kinds that's for sure, and I am so glad there are people like you that are willing to help everyone! Love and hugs!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Super WAHM

Before you get started, try to get the word out that you are starting a new business, and create a buzz around it. Get a couple/few friends to commit to parties and look for upcoming vendor shows. Do you have a locket? If so, WEAR IT everywhere!! Post a pic of it on Facebook,and let people know that you are excited about Origami Owl! If you don't have one, ask your mentor for a pic of hers.

You'll want to get a display ready for your parties. If you can't spend a lot, start small!! There's no need to spend much right away. I started with a sheet from Walmart (around $4) for a tablecloth, a deviled egg dish for my charms, a jewelry spinner for my lockets (around $6) and some plastic sign holders for my signs. My original display got so many compliments, yet I didn't spend a whole lot on it.

As previously stated, your mentor NEEDS to have time for you. We are all busy, but if you don't have time to help someone get started, then you really shouldn't be looking for recruits! Please know that you are not "locked" into signing under someone. You can always change who you sign under. Just make sure that you are comfortable with your decision. A good mentor/team can make all the difference!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Can I get some information too? My mentor is a great gal but she herself just started about a month ago and I'm an information junkie! I should be (fingers and toes crossed!!!) flying next week and am super excited!

[email protected]

Tessa