Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered WAHM

Default hostess rewards

How many of you do the hostess rewards listed in BO? If you don't would you mind sharing your plan. 1st party is March 9th! Yay!!!

TIA
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyfrommi View Post
How many of you do the hostess rewards listed in BO? If you don't would you mind sharing your plan. 1st party is March 9th! Yay!!!

TIA
The hostess plan in the back office is the suggested plan and what I follow.

New 100% company sponsored hostess plan is coming mid-April! HOOT
Old 02-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyfrommi View Post

TIA
I use the plan also it's great! In February I did offer a free heart charm for hosting on top of the rewards.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Location: Currently in FL but being a military wife we move all over

I just started myself and have my first party this Friday. Just because all my friends buy from a few well-known direct sales companies often and don't know Origami Owl at all I am tweaking the current company suggested one a little bit by offering the Hostess free shipping, the customers receive discounted shipping (when delivered to me to distribute to the hostess) and the booking rewards will be offered at the booked party instead of afterwards. I am also doing those booked party rewards in increments of $12.50/show instead of 2 at $25 and 4 at $50. The 30% off one item after the booked party is also offered at the booked party itself. It just gives the hostess another reason to show up at her friend's party and order more. I know that is more in line with what my friends are used to getting with other party companies and it really doesn't change the percentage discount at all. This of course is what I call my "Trendsetter Hostess Rewards" that are for anyone who books a party with me by Mar. 31st. Then in April we have the new company sponsored plan which I am not planning on announcing until after the March parties are done.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Registered WAHM

Personally, (don't shoot me) I think the OO hostess reward system is TERRIBLE.... not only is this the only company I have worked with where I pay for the rewards, 10% is kind of crappy... (
So I am SOOOO excited for April... Even if it stays the same, but they pay I could perk it up a bit.
I recently sold for a short time for another company were I made the same commission, and they paid for the 30% in sales for the host credit, so I am embarrassed to tell people what ours is for now, knowing it will change soon(and that I just hit them up 6 months ago for 30% host credit), so I am offering a bigger incentive, it will cost me about the same, but they like they seem sound of it better. Free Silver locket with 4 buying guests and a free charm for each Locket purchased at the party.

I am BRAND new with OO, so we will see how this works for me for the next month, and cannot wait for April changes!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Susan Rae

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbmackay View Post
Personally, (don't shoot me) I think the OO hostess reward system is TERRIBLE.... not only is this the only company I have worked with where I pay for the rewards, 10% is kind of crappy... (
So I am SOOOO excited for April... Even if it stays the same, but they pay I could perk it up a bit.
I recently sold for a short time for another company were I made the same commission, and they paid for the 30% in sales for the host credit, so I am embarrassed to tell people what ours is for now, knowing it will change soon(and that I just hit them up 6 months ago for 30% host credit), so I am offering a bigger incentive, it will cost me about the same, but they like they seem sound of it better. Free Silver locket with 4 buying guests and a free charm for each Locket purchased at the party.

I am BRAND new with OO, so we will see how this works for me for the next month, and cannot wait for April changes!

It's actually 30% when you put it all together & you do pay it up front but are reimbursed. So it's nothing out of your pocket.

For instance to host a party they get a free dangle or charm.

For a $250 party they get $25 in credit plus 10% off & it goes up from there. Then if parties are booked she gets more. They are in line with others. I am excited for the company sponsored hostess program & specials to start.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanSellsOrigamiOwl View Post
It's actually 30% when you put it all together & you do pay it up front but are reimbursed. So it's nothing out of your pocket.

For instance to host a party they get a free dangle or charm.

For a $250 party they get $25 in credit plus 10% off & it goes up from there. Then if parties are booked she gets more. They are in line with others. I am excited for the company sponsored hostess program & specials to start.
How do you get reimbursed? How does it add to 30% I am confused A 30% credit would $75 on a $250 party...

Like I said I am brand new and read everything I can, but could have missed something
Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Super WAHM

I am also very excited for April! I think the hostess compensation plan was one of the things that OO changed in order to stay competitive, and it is AWESOME!!!! Right now, I am offering the standard rewards, plus I add little incentives for getting to a certain point (like,at $250, hostess get a free charm in addition to regular rewards; at $500, they get a free plate, etc.). A lot of people say that giving more than what's offered is giving away too much, but if you really look at what I, as a designer, have to pay for the rewards, it's nothing. Do what you feel is best for now, in April, we'll be on a level playing field!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Susan Rae

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbmackay View Post

How do you get reimbursed? How does it add to 30% I am confused A 30% credit would $75 on a $250 party...

Like I said I am brand new and read everything I can, but could have missed something
You get reimbursed the 10th of every month in hoot loot. For every 250.00 of pv you get $25.00 in hoot loot. It doesn't have to be a party. It includes online orders as well!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleshamrock View Post
I am also very excited for April! I think the hostess compensation plan was one of the things that OO changed in order to stay competitive, and it is AWESOME!!!! Right now, I am offering the standard rewards, plus I add little incentives for getting to a certain point (like,at $250, hostess get a free charm in addition to regular rewards; at $500, they get a free plate, etc.). A lot of people say that giving more than what's offered is giving away too much, but if you really look at what I, as a designer, have to pay for the rewards, it's nothing. Do what you feel is best for now, in April, we'll be on a level playing field!
I totally agree, I never really considered hoot loot as a host reward, most companies give you free product for you sales plus pay for host rewards. New companies just need a little time, so it is great to see the changes coming so we are on a even playing field. I cannot wait for April, it will be great!