Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM
WAHM Regular

You have to do what is best for you and your family! Please let me know if I can help in anyway!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM
WAHM Regular

I have a similar dilemma. I'm going to sign up to be a DIW soon and I've been talking with three different consultants on facebook. I thought I knew who I was going to sign up under, but I haven't heard from her in a week while the other two have checked in on me and one sent me a catalog and other information to look at. I'm "friends" with all three on Facebook and I know in this business that while someone may tell you they're signing up with you it doesn't always necessarily happen.
I just don't want to offend any of them, but I also want what's best for me and my new business venture. I'd like for OO to become something big for me, but it's hard to tell who will be the best mentor based on a few PM's. Haha..

Good luck with your decision!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Mentor question

Everyone is giving you great advice! I can only add to it by saying pretty much the same thing. If you'd like someone who has more experience, who can spend more one on one time with you, you might want to go with someone else. If you're the type that can figure it out and prefers to work more alone, stay with your current choice. I know most say to stay and find someone in her upline to help you. Although this is not always the popular vote it's honest. That's not always fair to your mentor and to the person helping you.
There's not an Owl out here who would tell you no, But most are also mentoring their own teams.......Just my thoughts. Like everyone else said, you do have to go with your gut!!

I hope you get some peace in making your decision and rock your business!! Very sorry you lost your job!!
Pam
Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Awesome WAHM

You've got great advice here and it's always tough when you get to know several consultants. I agree you should go with the person that is the most helpful to you and someone you would want to connect with on a regular basis as a team mentor but I would also let the other consultants know you're working with others too. At least that's what I would do for the reason you said as not to hurt anyone's feelings .
Old 02-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Susan Rae

Don't worry about offending anyone hun. This is your first business decision. Finding a mentor that will help you grow the best business is what I would worry about.

I can only speak for myself but I am never offended when I'm not chosen. I look at it as another contact/friend you've made thru Origami Owl. You have to do what's right for you always. Then don't look back!

Susan
Old 02-28-2013, 03:41 PM
WAHM Regular

I know this is a sorta older thread, but am going through a similar situation. Reading the replies helps me realize that even though I worry about hurting her feelings, it is my business solely and I need to have the best mentor from the get go! <3
Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
WAHM Regular

In my opinion, that is the one (and probably only!) positive of being a DIW. We CAN change out mentor when we officially get our wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela.foster View Post
I know this is a sorta older thread, but am going through a similar situation. Reading the replies helps me realize that even though I worry about hurting her feelings, it is my business solely and I need to have the best mentor from the get go! <3
Old 02-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Super WAHM

Don't worry about offending anyone! It's YOUR business, to make money for YOUR family. Go with who you are most comfortable with! I read a lot about how you should "interview" for your mentor. If someone isn't giving you a good vibe, then don't go with them! Do what feels best for you
Old 02-28-2013, 04:40 PM
WAHM Regular

With that said, Im going to make a new post and start interviewing for my new mentor! THANK YOU!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:29 PM
WAHM Addict

I'm not with OO but I came across this post when looking at new posts here on wahm. I just wanted to chime in and recommend that you interview your new mentor to get an idea of whether her business sense and values are in line with yours. How would she handle various situations and is she professional. Remember if you build a team your mentor will have the ability to influence your team as well.

When I built my previous business I didn't put a lot of thought in to choosing my sponsor because I'm very self sufficient/motivated and it ended up having a negative impact on my team members.

Good luck with your decision.