Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:18 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Which kit is better?

Hi,

I'm an owl in waiting, but was wondering when the time comes, which kit to order?
I thought I'd post here and see what everyone thought.

I heard that the best selling locket is the silver one with crystals. Charms and dangles will vary. Is it better to get the lowest one and stock up on the silver lockets and chains? I know the lowest priced kit only comes with one chain.

Any feedback would greatly be appreciated...thank you!

aloha,
mina
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Registered WAHM

Hello. I am also a diw getting ready to fly in the next wave on Tuesday. I have been trying to decide the same thing. I have asked lots of questions to help me decide. You can succeed with either kit. Ladies that are on my mentors team have purchased both and posted pictures of each. There are lots of items in both. The good thing about the $399 package is you get the $200 PV and only need $50 more in PV to earn a $25 hoot loot credit towards a future purchase. And it seems like you get a better profit margin on the items in the big kit. Just in charms alone in the big kit you get $540 retail value which is $270 profit on the 108 charms if you sell them all. Just that would come close to paying for the big kit. Also there are enough chains in each kit for each charm.

Another thing to consider is you pay sales tax on the retail value of each kit. For me this will come to about $200 for the small kit and over $500 for the big kit with sales tax & shipping.

I think a person should choose which kit fits your budget and take it from there. This is just my opinion based on the research I have done. Hope it helps! Feel free to message me if I can help out anymore.

Heather

Last edited by madison's mommy; 01-20-2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: added content that I meant to add before I posted reply
Old 01-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Super WAHM

I agree-whatever is within your budget. I started with the 399 kit and sold all of my lockets within the first 2 weeks!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Awesome WAHM

I agree too! Get what is in your budget, you can always collect more later. You want to try and start your new business in as little debt as possible. But, if you have a vendor show coming up then go for the big one so you have a large variety to show.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Super WAHM

Go with whichever you can afford, but I always recommend new designers to purchase at least one birthstone and one initial charm. These are my best sellers, and customers always want to see their sizes and how they look in lockets.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks everyone, the info helps. But still can't decide..I think its going to come down to budgeting. I can always buy more as I go. I wish I could afford the bigger one! From what I hear, they sell quickly. I don't know many reps here in Hawaii, maybe two so far!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Registered WAHM

I am in the same boat... I have read this post and talked with a few different designers and still not sure which to get or what to do with it once I get it.... do I keep it all so I have examples to show customers and only accept orders in the beginning or do I sell it to recoup my expenses and then order more?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:03 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
I am in the same boat... I have read this post and talked with a few different designers and still not sure which to get or what to do with it once I get it.... do I keep it all so I have examples to show customers and only accept orders in the beginning or do I sell it to recoup my expenses and then order more?
There is nothing wrong with taking orders! Your customers will understand, especially since you are just starting out.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Susan Rae

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
I don't sell any of my "display" items. I tell the customers I want you to have things that are new and untouched. People don't have a problem with ordering they expect it. For events I'm now preordering a bunch of Lockets for them to take home and then ordering the charms and accessories. It's easier to carry locket inventory than the charms etc.

You don't want to start off in a financial bind because you ordered big. You'll be tense at parties looking at customers like a used car salesman with beady eyes hoping they buy something. Relax and buy what you can afford and rock it!

Susan
Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 PM
dōTERRA Wellness Advocate

I plan on buying the smaller kit and then order whatever items I feel are missing like additional chains, initials, and birth stones. I will treat mine like a sample rather than inventory and use if for displays and for customers to "play" with. I think it makes sense telling people they will receive a custom order of new, unused merchandise.

Tags
charms, livinglockets, lockets, origamiowl