Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Tips for Brainfuse?

Hi there! I started tutoring with Brainfuse last week... Right now I'm only signed up to do the essay reviews. I'm finding it Extremely challenging to do a review in the suggested time limits. The suggestions say 15 minutes for a 3 page paper, but I had a paper that was obviously ESL and was so time consuming to edit it took me almost 45 minutes. I put 30 in, but I start wondering if I'm wasting my time somehow or if I'm doing more than I should...
Any suggestions on getting review time up would be much appreciated!
Josie
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2014, 02:44 PM
WAHM Regular

I don't work for them, but from the reviews that I've read, I believe that people have said that they don't expect you to edit but review. I think they expect you to point out reoccurring issues and main issues but not everything. That might be your problem. I've worked for several companies doing online tutoring and teaching and I've discovered that no matter how much I would love to help the student with everything, there simply isn't time and I'm not being paid enough or treated well enough to point out everything. So sometimes you have to limit yourself to some main points and reoccurring issues (such as, for example, run on sentences).

To be honest, with all I've read about Brainfuse, I don't think it's worth it. They seem to be very disorganized and unclear about their expectations. In addition, I have read horror stories about being expected to help 4 students at a time while being paid only for one and not letting the other students know that you're helping other students at the same time because they think they're getting one-on-one help (which, to me, is pretty dishonest of a company). It just seems like the pay is not worth it.

Djuna
Old 01-01-2015, 07:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djunamod View Post
I don't work for them, but from the reviews that I've read, I believe that people have said that they don't expect you to edit but review. I think they expect you to point out reoccurring issues and main issues but not everything. That might be your problem. I've worked for several companies doing online tutoring and teaching and I've discovered that no matter how much I would love to help the student with everything, there simply isn't time and I'm not being paid enough or treated well enough to point out everything. So sometimes you have to limit yourself to some main points and reoccurring issues (such as, for example, run on sentences).

To be honest, with all I've read about Brainfuse, I don't think it's worth it. They seem to be very disorganized and unclear about their expectations. In addition, I have read horror stories about being expected to help 4 students at a time while being paid only for one and not letting the other students know that you're helping other students at the same time because they think they're getting one-on-one help (which, to me, is pretty dishonest of a company). It just seems like the pay is not worth it.

Djuna
all i can say is google Brainfuse reviews.and judge for yourself.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Registered WAHM

Do the live tutoring. That way you get paid for how much time you spend on it, and it's actually fairly easy.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:59 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds_business_solutions_LLC View Post
all i can say is google Brainfuse reviews.and judge for yourself.
Gee, I guess you didn't really read my response, did you? I said that from what I had READ about Brainfuse. Yes, that does include a Google search along with reviews.

Djuna

Last edited by djunamod; 03-04-2015 at 11:00 AM.