Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:44 AM
WAHM Regular

Default online colleges

Hi,
Does anyone know of any online colleges that hire techers without their masters. I earned all of the credits towards a Masters in English teaching, except for presenting the thesis. Are there colleges that would accept my application as an online English teacher?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 06:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Default companies like Ed2Go

Does anyone know of any companies like Ed2Go? Also, is anyone familiar with global academy online, and if so, what has been their experience?
Old 07-07-2012, 03:22 AM
Registered WAHM

I don't know this but you can ask it from Google it gives you better result.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:29 AM
WAHM Regular

I've been an online English college teacher for 5 years and as far as I know, the market is pretty dry right now. I and other English teachers I know have sent out resumes to many online schools that were hiring like crazy several years ago but we have had no responses. I think it's because there are way more English instructors than are needed and enrollments for many online college have gone way down in the past years. So you can check out Monster.com, Google, and the like, but just don't expect too much.

Also, to my knowledge, nearly all online colleges require that you have a Master's degree, not that you're working towards your Master's, even if you're at the thesis stage. I know this was the case when I started when they needed teachers, so I don't think they would hire someone who does not yet have their degree when they aren't nearly as desperate for teachers.

Djuna
Old 07-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Registered WAHM

Don't know of any online colleges that want less than a Masters. Most do. You can check community colleges. Some only want a Bachelors degree.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Suggestion For You

If you are such confident then you need to try Online Tutor for English in online tutoring providing companies which is facilitating students' to take tutoring at their place at their convenient timing. you may get chance to earn good self updates and money.Tutorpace also provide such kind of services you may try TutorPace career section.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:37 PM
WAHM Regular

I do not think there are online colleges that hire teachers. I saw many sites telling earn money by teaching, Ed2Go after reading about their all nice presentation that gives you better comfort and satisfaction at last they ask for money for information on online teaching sites you can work from home per hourly basis and also assure you money back guarantee. I suggest you not to go in those sites and do not believe in those sites.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Super WAHM

So, Calvindiaz,

I took a few online courses in college, and I definitely had teachers and professors. Now, I teach classes online.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:10 PM
WAHM Regular

You can try BrainMass and become a Subject Matter Expert for English & College Writing!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile Ed2Net Learning

K-12 online teachers (knowledge of Cisco WebEx program- provided lessons to teach)

ed2netlearning.com