Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned

Lightbulb Connections Academy Hiring Physical Education/Health Adjunct Teacher

Connections Academy is hiring for a work from home Physical Education/Health Adjunct Teacher.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 10:45 AM
WAHM Regular

I did a quick search on their website and it looks like they have other home-based openings. If I'm not mistaken, though, you do need to have a current K-12 teaching certificate (not sure for what state, though).

Djuna
Old 06-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by djunamod View Post
I did a quick search on their website and it looks like they have other home-based openings. If I'm not mistaken, though, you do need to have a current K-12 teaching certificate (not sure for what state, though).

Djuna
They do have several other home-based openings for different subjects. It says the certification can be in any state.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Super WAHM

have worked as a tutor for over three years and I do not have a teaching certificate. I have a B.A. in psychology and that obviously does not qualify me for these online teaching positions. I wanted to know if anyone knows if you can get a teachers certificate through an online program because I would really like to teach online.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Melinda, I asked the same question elsewhere and was told that even with an online teaching certification program (which there are available, you just need to do a Google search), you would still need to do some kind of teaching practicum on ground. That's out for me, as I can think of nothing more horrifying than entering a K-12 classroom .

Djuna
Old 09-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Registered WAHM

Thumbs down Dont get this company..........

I have applied for jobs here for several years and have yet to hear ANYTHING! I even attended one of their informational meetings which was suppossed to help get you a job. I have over 22 years teaching experience, nine in virtual education and have even worked with a school division superintendent at developing and creating an online school. They never remove old job postings (learned this in info meeting) so it looks as if there are lots of jobs available. Prospective teachers in meeting seemed to have same problems with trying to get a job with them............I dont know if I am overqualified or what?

Anyone else run across these problems?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:57 AM
WAHM Regular

I have applied to 3 positions this summer with Connections Academy, 2 of which have been "Reviewed." No email or phone call has been sent to me. I live in MN and I am also state certified. I have only applied to MN jobs they have posted. This is a real company, the problem is there are more teachers out of jobs than there are jobs available. I haven't been able to teach in 4 years. I went overseas to teach and when I came home, haven't been able to get my own classroom. I have been told by some administrators at schools i have applied to that I am competing with over 300 people. I am sure it is way more than that for Virtual Jobs! Don't let that stop you from trying though!!!

Dawn

Tags
connections academy