Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Registered WAHM

Default LinkedIn group for Brainfuse tutors

Just like the title says. The link is here, or search "Brainfuse Tutors" on LinkedIn.

Note that Brainfuse is hiring now, too. Use the contact form, see their craigslist ad, or search "Brainfuse" on craigslist New York.

They are particularly in need of general and organic chemistry tutors, for whom the starting pay is $12.

All the best!

--JustATutor

Last edited by JustATutor; 11-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2011, 09:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks, I just emailed them my resume. About how long does it usually take to hear back from them?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello! For chemistry I heard back the same day(!). I would infer, however, that the reading, writing, and humanities slots are not in such high demand, because I have the experience necessary (I am, ironically, far better qualified there than in the sciences) but they won't permit me to take students on that side. My experience only, of course.

Do note that SmartThinking, another tutoring company about which I know nothing, is presently hiring for writing, math, and a few other subjects here.

For completeness, since you're sending out resumes, there is Tutor.com, but I have gotten enough hours from Brainfuse, so I haven't needed to investigate them. They also have a LinkedIn group.

Good luck! Keep us apprised.

JAT

Last edited by JustATutor; 11-08-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks. I did apply with both Smart Thinking and Tutor.com as well. Smart thinking is no longer hiring for writing right now. I was told that I would be contacted once a position for writing opens up. And, tutor.com is only hiring for chemistry, biology, and algebra right now. I was wait listed with tutor.com after qualify for other subjects.
And, I never heard back from Brainfuse. On the website it says to email your resume to apply, so I did and never heard anything back yet. I did not specify a specific subject though. Should I send my resume again and specify which subject?
Old 11-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered WAHM

Hmm. It certainly can't hurt. The only person I know who was recently hired for writing at Brainfuse, however, is an Ivy League English BA. I have a similar BA in (gasp) another writing-intensive subject and they wouldn't consider adding me to the writing roster even though I'm (presumably) doing decent work in the sciences. So it must be hard, for whatever reason, to crack the writing thing.

Are you sure you couldn't do Algebra 1? You might remember more than you think.

By the way, Anna over at RealWaysToEarnMoneyOnline has reviewed what seems to be every online writing job known to (wo)man. Most, but NOT all, of it is content farms, but one never knows...and there are various other possibilities, too.

Last edited by JustATutor; 11-17-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Brainfuse Webinars

Is anyone with Brainfuse experience familiar with the webinars they ask new tutors to access? I don't want to accept any of the many Tasks they have allready given me to consider (one day into being approved!) without knowing what I am doing. I also thought that they were supposed to not give assignments until the tutor put in their Preferred Schedule. Of course the Brainfuse recruiter is not available to reply to my e-mail, since it's a weekend. The password I was given to log into the webinars does not work. Have any other new tutors had this problem?
Old 11-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered WAHM

Argh, wordyarts, I was about to PM you the login info they sent me, but upon checking it it seems they have changed the password, you're right. Try emailing. My recruiter does occasionally answer email on weekends. Good luck!

--JustATutor
Old 11-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Registered WAHM

But I agree with your approach--the Task requirements, though not all that onerous, do have some details (that I don't fully recall, because I'm not doing tasks). Waiting is a good call.

JAT
Old 11-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Right - thanks for looking into that for me! It has been very tempting all day to just dive in, since there have been many requests urgently popping up - but I can't imagine starting any job without a little bit of practice, especially when things are irreversible and someone on the other end trusts you are so proficient! After looking at the downloaded instructions, I can see why someone felt they should add the webinars. Too bad they didn't communicate that password change to all of their recruiters.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered WAHM

BTW, wordyarts, is your degree in English (if you don't mind sharing) or some other field? I'm having a heck of a time convincing them that yes, with a non-English humanities degree and relevant experience, I actually CAN edit stuff.

The best online editing job I've ever had, sadly, was editing admissions essays for international applicants to U.S. grad schools. And though of course I stayed on the straight and narrow as best I could, we all know what this work involves. Here's hoping that Brainfuse makes it a little easier to walk the line. ;-D Keep us apprised.

Tags
brainfuse, chemistry, chemistry homework help, tutor, tutoring