Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Question dropshipping and ebay..

Hi
I sell things here and there on ebay but would love to sell more
and do it part-time maybe later on full-time. I know the things I want to sell
but like many I do not have capital so worshipping for now is my avenue.
Any advice on who to avoid or to tech out for?
I too am looking for something with no fees or start up costs.
I enjoy selling on ebay and am looking at selling cellphone accessories and tablets which
is a popular item that I can see right now, any ideas or suggestions for dropshippers in this
Particular area who be great!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Super WAHM

Hi Jill,

The cellphone accessories market is flooded and the market for tablets is also highly competitive. The margins available in dropshipping are terribly low anyway, so you need to get away from the crowd.

If you can find a real niche you stand a far better chance of making some money.

Let me suggest how to find a niche. You should think about your hobbies, trade or craft ability, or general work experience, even the hobbies or work experience of relatives and friends. If you have a hobby such as photography for example, are there things that you have wanted or needed but it was hard to locate supplies? Are some things obviously over priced? Do the suppliers give good service?

The same applies to trades, or industries, and if you can find things that are frequently bought, you may have found a niche market. That would certainly be the case if those products are often late delivered, or seem overpriced, or are hard to find, or maybe the supplier gives woeful service.

If you have $250 to $300 to put into inventory, I teach how to safely source small quantities direct from the real manufacturers at genuine factory prices. I also show how to make the importing part of it a breeze, without needing to learn all the rules. The whole process is far quicker and easier than dropshippers want you to believe.

The high profit margins will stagger you. Resellers involved in dropshipping cannot imagine what little work is needed in order to make more profit than dropshipping can ever achieve. Would you rather sell 100 widgets a day for $3 profit each, or 10 widgets a day for $30 profit each. That is the sort of difference I am talking about.

Please note that I do not sell lists and you will never have to pay membership fees in order to buy the products you want. If you can imagine a product, you can buy it direct from the factory.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Do you qualify for Kabbage? This site has some good pallet companies on the main page. Jeans are a great seller as well. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karuli View Post
Do you qualify for Kabbage? This site has some good pallet companies on the main page. Jeans are a great seller as well. Good luck!
Kabbage is a finance company and does not supply goods of any kind.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 AM
WAHM Regular

This is true about Kabbage, just offering alternative suggestions if drop shipping fails.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Super WAHM

Some people may need to borrow money for buying stock for resale, but I have a number of people who have bought my book, who have started their importing businesses with a very small amount of funds.

A couple have told me that their first orders landed, cost them around $250 - $300 and they have made excellent profits selling the products. I know one at least sells at flea markets.

The way you sell is up to you, but if you are sure that you can sell physical products, directly importing small quantities direct from the manufacturer at genuine factory prices will give you profits that those who dropship cannot dream of.

I teach how to safely source from real manufacturers and then how to import the easy way.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Is it mainly the multitude of small sales that drives your income there or is it really possible to make anything with drop shipping on Ebay? With all the fees and whatnot..?
Old 05-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisha119 View Post
Is it mainly the multitude of small sales that drives your income there or is it really possible to make anything with drop shipping on Ebay? With all the fees and whatnot..?
Hi alisha,

Those who resell by dropshipping on eBay must have a multitude of sales to at least break even, because of the dreadful low profit margins that dropshipping provides.

The result is that they do a huge amount of work for little or no profit. The pity of it is that they have been fooled into thinking that dropshipping is the only way to start a business with a small investment.

I have received emails from many people who ask questions such as how can anyone make money dropshipping on eBay when there are so many sellers there advertising at prices lower than what I have been quoted wholesale?

The answer is - you can't. This is why I teach a better alternative in the form of sourcing small quantities direct from the manufacturer at factory prices. I also teach how to do the importing the simple and easy way without any need to learn all the rules. You can buy small quantities and the profit margins will amaze you.

Just think - Is it better to sell 100 items a day with a profit of $2 per item or 10 items per day with a profit of of $20 per item? This can be done with a very small investment. I know of people who have started off with just $300 or so. They have re-invested their profits,, buying bigger quantities.

By the way, eBay is not the only place to sell. Some of my readers sell at flea markets, or shopping mall stalls.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppingspout View Post
Commision junction is the best option right now. There are so many affiliates registered there on commision junction with drop shipping facility. CJ really helps me alot to start my own online business without any heavy investment.
I don't think you could have read much of the previous posts. You do not need a big investment to become an online retailer of physical products. In my previous post I wrote: "Just think - Is it better to sell 100 items a day with a profit of $2 per item or 10 items per day with a profit of of $20 per item? This can be done with a very small investment. I know of people who have started off with just $300 or so. They have re-invested their profits,, buying bigger quantities."

What this means is that for much less effort it is possible to make more profit if you buy products direct from manufacturers. If you think that is not possible please read the whole thread. It won't take you long. There are only 10 posts, including this one.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:39 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppingspout View Post
That reply is for Jill not for your Dear Senior Member. I didn't quote your post I posted a reply for JILL. I thought that might help Jill I don't no why your are getting angry.
No problem shoppingspout. It's just that threads move along and sometimes develop a life of their own so maybe you should say "Hi Jill", or "Hi OP." so nobody thinks you are replying to the immediately previous post.