Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:20 PM
Registered WAHM

Question Any MLM directions for an MLM noob ?

Hello
I was always negative to these types of businesses-companies for no reason.
When i tried a homeopathic healing product for an autoimmune disease, my world was shocked and i was sure i had to get involved as much as i can.

Almost 90% of the people that tried it (friends and family) are now onboard, but i find it hard to make a decent income from it.
The obvious was that since the product is awesome, it will sell itself and i should focus on properties and uses like "Organic herb extracts and oils, Nano-tech, patented etc.
But i found people veeeery negative on mlm and network businesses, like i was.
Even if you promote something unique that will benefit them greatly.
I was very enthusiastic because i was always good at sales (good personality skills) and it was not only the economic prospects(the company is new and generous) but the fact that i can make people feel good.

I guess you reap what you sow after all.

Any directions? What am i missing? Where do i start? Where should i focus?
This kind of business is completely new for me and any advice from someone that knows "the craft" is welcome.

Thank you in advance.
P.S. Im not going to give up, no matter what.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2022, 12:56 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Here's some Ideas

Hi there,

Not sure if you will receive this reply, due to the time space in between here and the original post. But here goes nothing ...

Network Marketing / MLM is a perfectly legitimate way to make money. I know that sounds nuts, but so did the people that said Amazon will be the biggest company in the world - and what went on to happen? MLM gets a very bad rap for a few different reasons:
* Money before Income: Nobody likes spending money for a deferred gratification. We spent money at the point of sale in stores, online, etc., and we leave with the item (or promise) that we purchased. When we get into MLM, we are spending money for the CHANCE to make a *ton* of money. But in order to fulfill that, actual work, time, and effort must be exchanged...sometimes a lot of it. That doesn't make it illegitimate, just makes it equally as hard in some ways when compared to building a brick and mortar business.
* Product/Service is a fad: Lots of MLMs pop up around fads, or public interest movements, but more than 80% of these fads are fleeting. You've likely heard the term Lotions & Potions businesses...that's what a fad MLM refers to. There are very successful and legitimate opportunities found in some of these companies, such as AMWAY or HerbaLife. These two companies alone made thousands of people extremely wealthy, some into the millions of dollars. You cannot generate that sort of income on something that is "fake", "a scam", or entirely without credit. You CAN, however, lose these types of companies to a changing public interest when those companies fail to keep up with the same. Basically the more permanent an MLM model is, the better it will be to get in.
* Incest: Founders of MLM companies often have long standing business relationships that they leverage on the ground floor when the MLM launches. It can be said that in some of these cases, 80+% of the money to be made in the company is made by this group and the first 3 generations of signups under them. THIS REASON is the BIGGEST reason MLM companies get a lot of hate.

Essentially, you want to focus on people you can trust, and try phrasing your questions differently: I could use your advice on this business I'm in, if you'd take a 20 minute look at it? Things like that can break down the initial resistance and pessimism you will encounter and take the pressure off of the other person. Also, if you don't yet have an MLM you are passionate about, look for one. You can reply back to me here for my suggestions. If you do have it, reconnect with your upline / enroller and get passionate about the business again.

~Steve

Tags
business at home, health and wellness mlm, mlm advice, mlm business opportunity