Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:30 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Challenges, frustation & problems

This is totally new for me and I am here with a pressing question... I was thinking about the reasons why I've jumped from home-business to another and another, since 1999 and just burned out. I am curious if anyone here has experience the same?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2018, 05:24 AM
Awesome WAHM

Sure. It's called Shiny New Object Syndrome. At least that's one of the names the affliction is given.

It often occurs when you enter into an opportunity, don't focus on it and don't give it your best effort. You end up with the feeling that the particular opportunity doesn't work for you and then you jump at the next opportunity to pop up over the horizon.

I've been there. You solve it by actually applying yourself. Focus on an opportunity and give it your all. Many people stop 1 or 2 steps away from success and don't realize it.

Perseverance is the key.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Grand WAHM

I agree with Joe about "Shiny New Object Syndrome." I tried several different things when I first started making money online. Ultimately, I fell into the free money making niche and I've been with it ever since (over 10 years now).

Other things have come along, but I've always kept my focus on that niche. You need to put the time and effort into something before it will pay off.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:52 PM
WAHM Addict

It's called burn out. I'm sure we all know there is major hype in the industry and many think it's going to be easy. Well it isn't. To go big is to become a recruiter. Depending on the products and compensation a person can make a living but to go big you have to build a sales force. Yes i did say sales.

Here's a well known secret most don't want to realize. No one gets paid anything unless something is sold. Sharing sounds great but even with sharing people are either sold a dream or income.

I say find a company and product you like and believe in and follow the company system in place.Don't think about it too much just work the system. Here's something to really consider.

Consider turning 62 or 65..What and where will your income come from and how much will it be? Fear of poverty can be a force when that is a real consideration.

Build it big...
Old 05-14-2018, 05:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiesand View Post
This is totally new for me and I am here with a pressing question... I was thinking about the reasons why I've jumped from home-business to another and another, since 1999 and just burned out. I am curious if anyone here has experience the same?
Yes, is normal and healthy in my opinion to feel how you feel.
As long as you do not give up, then you're on the right track.
Sooner or later you'll find what you're looking for, is just that you won't know what you're looking for until you find it
Keep going and don't give up.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:24 AM
WAHM Regular

IGotThePower,

That's great advice. I like that you said, you might not know what you're looking for until you find it!
Old 07-30-2018, 09:49 PM
Super WAHM

Have been there and done that but never gave up. You have to have the right company, the right leadership, the right training and the right compensation plan or all you will get is frustration. Finally having success!