Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Sales & Marketing > Network Marketing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-12-2017, 01:36 PM
WAHM Addict

Default No one wants to sell.

But sales people can make great incomes. Here's a question no matter the company. If your company offered you a guaranteed six figure income if you just sold their products or services would you do it?

Here's a open secret. If in the network marketing industry everyone is being sold something. Be it a comp plan, attending events, why to recruit, or whatever. Everyone is behind sold something or an idea so why do people have reservations about selling a product or service that can pay you a commission?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via AIM to mountainmom5

Could it be lack of belief either in ourselves? Or the products we are promoting?
Old 03-13-2017, 09:51 AM
WAHM Regular

I feel strongly that you have to believe in the product you're selling or at least be able to pretend you do well enough that people don't see through you.

https://myfriendlyreminders.com
Old 03-13-2017, 11:21 AM
WAHM Addict

My post is more about the network marketing mindset. It's that old controversy of it's not sales, it's sharing. What always comes back to me is no one gets paid unless something gets sold. Sharing is a great concept but at some point there's a closing of a no or a yes.

As for belief in a product or service in the big picture for the sales world belief isn't a requirement. In the MLM world to a major point it is shown product doesn't matter because people within the industry company jump in what seems like some good numbers.

I think at some point the industry is going to embrace a sales mindset. The days of the 80's, 90''s are over and now we are in the 2000's with a whole different generation to market to along with advanced technology.

Today people want and need to make money be it for short term or long term lifestyle. The days of guaranteed paychecks are over and there's a generation who has never even seen the days of a potential pension.

There's an old saying that says learn to sell and you will never be unemployed. Find someone with a need and fill the need. That's business.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:21 PM
WAHM Regular

I don't think most people are really natural sales people. So it's a challenge
Old 04-14-2017, 10:46 AM
WAHM Addict

People sell all the time. Marriage means someone was sold. Have a child means someone was sold. Refer a friend to a job or purchase a product or service means someone was sold. People are selling all day everyday on a sub conscience level. The only issue is when known to make an income.

Anyone can learn to sell if they want to. In the MLM world the bottom line is it's sales but as mentioned no one wants to sell it's just packaged in a different way. It's not selling, it's sharing..
Old 04-14-2017, 02:02 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default No one wants to sell.

No one WANTS to sell and get paid for it... Thats how I see it when people say they aren't good sales people, or some people are bad sales people... Usually it comes from their own belief..

They don't think they should be paid for their work. They worry about people thinking badly of them for getting paid for recommending something..

They can go to a movie and say.. OMG Beauty and the beast was SOOO awesome, I can't wait to see it a second time. But they wouldn't dare say.. OMG X was soooo awesome when I woke up today... I can't wait to use it again tomorrow.. Because people may think.. (gasp) they are going to pay them to use it... lol

I love promoting, I'm not afraid... If they aren't paying my bills, I don't care what they think.... And if they ARE paying my bills well then it's because they like what I offered..

Old 06-11-2017, 02:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Good points, and ALL things I struggled with before I began with Scentsy. I am a Registered Dietitian and a Certified Diabetes Educator, so I really struggled with what people would think of me selling home fragrance products. However, I was a HUGE fan of the products myself and just got really excited about working for myself. So, once I got started and initially pushed through those first uncomfortable moments, it got so much better! You begin to see that you can sell in whatever way is authentic to YOU because after all, people are investing in you as much as the product.

I do personally believe that it helps substantially when you believe in the products you are selling and the company you work for. I tell all of my customers that if it was just about sales for me, then I would be a consultant for one of the many nutrition supplement companies and I KNOW I would have an instant market of people buying from me with my background. However, I do not personally believe in a majority of those products as a RD (not saying they are all bad, just that I am a whole foods based person and believe in eating balanced meals instead of relying on isolated nutrients).

I got involved with Scentsy because I value their products and know that I can wholeheartedly recommend them to others without a single hesitation. I believe this genuine passion and honesty has made a huge difference for me and my business and I now have a huge customer base because of it.

Jamie Hallman - The Carefree Candle
Join my group which supports women who have home-based businesses: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1741923419154624
Old 06-12-2017, 09:42 PM
WAHM Addict

Great post....
Old 06-22-2017, 05:42 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Even some people hired for sales jobs are afraid to sell.

They see the earnings potential and get excited. Then they apply for the job, get hired, and are scared to bits to ask for a sale.

I've had trainees quit the first day. Within hours. They think it's easy money. (Until they actually have to sell.)

That being said...

"Sharing" can be selling if you train people how to share and then ask for the sale. It takes a little training to turn wild enthusiasm into profitable sales.