Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-28-2016, 02:50 PM
WAHM Addict

Default Why are people so against sales and recruting

When it's sales and recruiting generates the most money. Everyone is told you can build a company within a company yet the parent company makes money by the sale of products or services and obtaining outlets to market the products or services. So if selling products is hoe the company makes money why is Sales taboo within the network marketing industry?

I'm just noticing an increase of ads stating no sales or recruiting. No one gets paid unless something is sold. How many people do their initial shopping towards the network marketing industry?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2016, 05:42 AM
Awesome WAHM

I see a lot of those ads also. I think they stem from the idea that many people don't want anything to do with selling.

I've run into that objection since the 70s, and always wondered why people can't understand that even in their personal lives they're in sales every day.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:53 AM
Super WAHM

Default Sales can be scary

Sales can be a scary thing for some people. Others have likely had a bad experience before and do not want to set foot in that arena again.

For me, I worked in a clothing store and it was a horrible experience. I never wanted to do sales again. When my company put me on an engagement that required a small sales quota, I was physically ill before getting to day 1. However, I found my groove and was able to meet that goal and exceed it! Everything is so commercial and sales oriented today. I rarely read a magazine or watch TV anymore because the things I enjoyed about them are often replaced by ads.

What should be happening is that there should be more focus on "sales TRAINING" because if the ads noted that, there may ultimately be more qualified people applying when they don't know they can sell yet!
Old 08-30-2016, 06:41 PM
WAHM Addict

I have come to another understanding. Those who have a fear or a mindset against selling and recruiting
just may not fit on my team. People come into business to make money and to make money there has to be an exchange of funds. There may not be a need for a hard sell but there is a need to learn to close no matter the company or products.

If you present and make an offer your selling. If you follow up with a person your selling. To make the exchange there's a sales process. Some may not like it but Network Marketing is a sales industry. Which is why the turnover can be so high. It's sales.

Yet of course I could change my mind if given a different view point. the problem is all of the high money earns I have seen sell something. be it products, a compensation plan, or a dream. Something is being sold. Everyone was sold on the benefits of joining the company your with.

How many people wake up and say I'm going to go look for a network marketing company?
Old 08-30-2016, 07:14 PM
Awesome WAHM

Like Mary Kay Ash said in 1963: "Nothing happens until somebody sells something." Mary Kay Ash was the founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics - her business still going strong over 50+ years later.

To your success,

Pink Pea
Old 08-31-2016, 06:57 AM
Awesome WAHM

I think there's another issue involved here also.

I see a lot of new product launches that advertise "push button" ready, and done for you (DFY). That type of marketing responds to the give me mindset. A lot of people today don't want to bother with doing the work. They want everything given to them, or they want an easy option.

That marketing is deceptive in my opinion because I don't believe (no matter how "easy" you try to make your product) there's always going to be required action to put the opportunity in place, and make it work.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:21 AM
California Girl!

There are a lot of people who for one reason or anther find themselves involved in a network marketing company - and they don't like the idea of selling or recruiting.

These are the people who should look for other ways to make money (there are hundreds of ways to make money outside of doing network marketing).

In addition, a lot of people think of face-to-face selling when it comes to network marketing and for some people that a scary thing.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:05 PM
Super WAHM

Thumbs up Great Question

I believe the issue that people have with "selling" is that too many people sell just to make a buck... sadly, I used to be one of them. I learned the hard way (although I'm very thankful I did) that proper sales is done when you are serving a customer's need. Without a need, it's just selling to make a buck and no one wants to be sold that way. The truth is any good business keeps it's focus on serving it's customers 1st. Then the money follows naturally. It just goes back to what the great Zig Ziglar says, "if you help enough other people get what they want, you will get what you want."
Old 09-21-2016, 10:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Thumbs up Excellent Question

I believe the problem comes from new folks entering this industry that don't have the proper skills...YET. Maybe it's caused from their upline that are relatively new and gave bad advice... Sadly I've seen some companies that actually support that, "Go out and pitch your family and friends'. But this leaves a bad tasted in everyone's mouth and really hurts our wonderful industry. Because soon they have turned everyone around them off and people start avoiding them. Then they get burned out and quit then blame the industry and say it's a big scam. Whoever you approach you need to have built a relationship with, don't be a 'sales person', be a friend, they need to know you truly care about them. People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. The timing will eventually be right for you to bring up your product or service. People need to feel that you are sincere, when you come from a place of heart people will open up to what you have to offer. We have to start training our team before we send them out.

Another thing I think that gives our industry a bad rap are the folks that exaggerate what their product or service can do, and when bringing new people into the company they exaggerate the income amount. Buy today look 10 years younger tomorrow. Join today, make $5000 your first month. We just need to be honest and have integrity and reprimand our team members that are doing that.

Personal Development is so important in this industry. I suggest learning from the greats; Jim Rohn, Bob Proctor, Les Brown, read, Leadership and Self Deception, Anatomy of Peace, Maximum Achievement.

And in my opinion the best network marketing training book out there, Go Pro by Eric Worre.

We have to change, if we want to see a positive change in our industry. We have to put our foot down and say some things are just not acceptable. And we need to encourage our team member to not go after everyone like they are a fresh steak! And help them grow, help them step out of their comfort zone, give them the time to be successful before dropping them to fend for themselves. I believe the small things will change the view of our industry.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSpirit View Post
I see a lot of those ads also. I think they stem from the idea that many people don't want anything to do with selling.
That's what I think, too. Some people just aren't good at selling or recruiting. Or they just don't enjoy it. So they're not interested in jobs and business opportunities that require them to do it.