Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Default How to handle "I don't have the money."

How do you combat the objection people have that they don't have enough money to get started in network marketing? I have noticed that in some cases people have the money for things they really want and find valuable. In some instances, it is my job to show them what could be possible and let them make a decision. We can brainstorm ideas on how to come up with the cash and then I can show them how they can make back their investment. I show them the possibility and they decide yay or nay.

What do you do in this situation?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2016, 11:58 AM
Grand WAHM

In some cases, it's true: A lot of people unfortunately don't have the money. In this economy, a lot of individuals and families are still struggling to make ends meet.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

One thought that shouts out to me from your post is that you need to educate your prospects as to how your offer is much more valuable to them than those things they think they really want.

Do that, and they'll redirect the money to fund their participation.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:57 PM
Super WAHM

When I believe this one I use 2 different approaches, but I usually go into my "match and replace" examples. If I don't really believe them, then I just tell them to keep me in mind and I move on.

For everyone, not just those that really don't have money, the match and replace principle is a major selling point. Isagenix, like many other network marketing companies has plenty of products ranging from coffee, sports drinks, meal replacement shakes, snacks, fitness and energy products, supplements, skincare products ect. So to buy your products from them instead of from stores, it in effect costs someone no addition dollars to take advantage of all that Isagenix offers.

For someone that is using these/similar products everyday it becomes an easy exercise. I show them that for between $5-6 per day (of purchased products) they can have all the discounts, all the perks and capitalize on the commission program that the company offers.

As we go through what they use, eat, drink, take for the day (if someone says they stop at Starbucks and has breakfast everyday, we stop right there as all they have to do is replace that, and they actually save money) and identify what we can replace with Isagenix products, it usually becomes clear that they could really get into the business at either a very low net cost or spend not a penny more per day if we have enough matches.

That usually diffuses the "no money" excuse, but then there are those that really, really don't have money and they really can't match and replace because they are not using enough or any similar products, but they really want to try and work the business and better their position.

For those I do explain that they could just pay the $39 associate fee and see if they could build the business and eventually down the road qualify for all the bells and whistles. Now I give them free leads, as I do for all of my team, but I explain that they really shouldn't jump in (paying for products) until they build a bit and reach the point that their business would net at least a breakeven position.

With this objection as you see, I almost exclusively focus on the product side, very unlike my usual presentation/sales pitch.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:21 AM
WAHM Addict

People will find the money if they want to. Depending on the company maybe under or a little over $100 to start with the potential to make much more. People interested or want to make a change will find a way.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:06 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
People will find the money if they want to. Depending on the company maybe under or a little over $100 to start with the potential to make much more. People interested or want to make a change will find a way.
I was going to say the exact same thing as Cornelius.

Those who really want it always find a way to get the money.

People always find the money for the things they see value in, and for the things they really want.

But to give a direct answer to the poster of the thread; How do you handle the objection of having no money...
I now use this come back here that I learned from a good friend and mentor.

If they say they have no money I say to them; Ummm this is the reason we are having this discussion. How to get you more money, so lets talk about a solution!

This industry is about offering solutions.

And for all those that really believe that everyone is broke, and the economy is so bad etc...watch this short clip here.
The part about the shopping mall is hilarious! It sure gives you a reality check.

I am not in this persons company. I just love her training. She's hilarious. She makes you think with comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3q4Yax34oU
Old 07-31-2016, 12:27 PM
WAHM Addict

Here's an idea I was told some people within the industry will do where there are no licensing involved or regulated products or services. If a person is serious about the business, I mean real serious there are two options. You as the recruiter can pay the initial signup fee for them and go from there or you can work their warm market and once you make a sale that equates the signup fee they are in.

If those two options are not a consideration just ask them how long to save up or maybe consider a part-time job to make enough for the signup. I hope no one takes this post as hard core but something to consider is the small fee to join a company can have the potential turn in a huge income with the right person or people.

In short I have found no matter the objection most people don't see themselves living a big life or doing big things. We all have fears and to a large extent many people are conditioned to expect the level of lifestyle we grew up with.

When all else fails to get them to see the real potential of starting the business and let them know when they are ready you will be there along with your upline to help them. Work with the willing. NEXT.

Last edited by Cornelius; 07-31-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:12 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post

In short I have found no matter the objection most people don't see themselves living a big life or doing big things. We all have fears and to a large extent many people are conditioned to expect the level of lifestyle we grew up with.

So true!

.................................................. .................................................
Old 08-07-2016, 08:33 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahDeGrande View Post

So true!

.................................................. .................................................
This is exactly how I feel and once I admitted to myself that life in the corporate world has been making me miserable and opened my mind to other opportunities, everything has changed! I am so glad that I found this forum
Old 08-08-2016, 07:03 AM
Awesome WAHM

The mindset I grew up with was get a job, keep that job until you reach a certain age, and then retire to the easy life.

I held on to that for a lot of years, and I actually did retire to start taking life easy. But man, that was so boring.

That's why I finally started my business. I just couldn't stand sitting around taking it easy most of the time. And I like to travel - my retirement let me do some of that, but not as much as I wanted.

I think that people won't really take action, and do something until they have a very compelling reason to do so.

Tags
goals, money, sahm, wahm, working moms