Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Lightbulb How to research new network marketing opportunities!

Are you interested in joining a direct sales or MLM company, but want to do some research about it first? If so, then you're in luck. I've found the best way to research any company is by using five sources.
  1. The Better Business Bureau (if they are US based or have headquarters in the US).
  2. The Glassdoor rating and reviews given by current and former employees (including distributors) of what it is like to work with the company.
  3. The website itself to learn about the company and its products.
  4. The Facebook page of the company to find out if you have any friends who may be employees, distributors, or customers of the company.
  5. The LinkedIn page of the company to see if you have any friends who may be employees or distributors of the company.

If you're looking for your first direct sales or MLM opportunity, then I suggest using these sources for the company you are researching to find out if it is a good fit for you.

To save you some time, the following post has compiled the links to the BBB, Glassdoor, official website, Facebook page, and LinkedIn page of over 150 direct sales and MLM companies.

The Ultimate Guide to 150+ Direct Sales and MLM Companies for 2016

I hope this helps in your research!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2016, 11:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Awesome information! Thanks for Sharing
Old 03-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Health and Business Coach

The problem with looking at former distributor reviews is that you will find a lot of negative reviews from distributors who went in thinking they found a get rich quick plan, never put any work into it, never made any money and blame the company and/or the products.

I would definitely look at the company-their earnings, their management team, how long they have been around. Have they peaked or are they in their momentum stage

Research the compensation plan for sure- Does it make sense

Do they offer any marketing help?

Is there on going training and support available?

Are the products something that would create long term customers for you?
Old 04-13-2016, 08:04 AM
WAHM Regular

What a fantastic resource! Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-13-2016, 07:50 PM
WAHM Addict

I think most people at least for their first company have no clue about the industry but we're recruited by a bit of hype. It's at least 80% emotion. They can do all the research they want but at some point it becomes selling and recruiting.

Get in and become as close as you can to being a pro. Study Eric Worre and Brian Carruthers. Get their books. I myself thought I knew a bit about the power of MLM that was until I really got a look at compensation and residual income.

No matter the company. No matter the product or service. No matter the hype. Understand as best you can the company compensation. Do that and the why will become I will.

Tags
direct sales companies, mlm companies, network marketing