Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Network marketing and negative views

So there you have it folks! What do you think WE can do as network marketers to change the negative stigma many have of our profession? We know how great it is....how do we show others? Go!

I will give my thoughts later down the thread!

Rachael
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2015, 08:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Be honest, be up-front, set real expectations with your prospects, and only choose to represent honest, ethical companies with real products that actually sell.

This means working with companies that sell quality products at competitive prices... So many of the companies are unethical to begin with, selling untested, unproven products at ridiculous prices with a comp plan that is designed to only reward the highest-level reps.

That is the root behind why people have a negative impression of the industry. Their friends or family join an unscrupulous company and then hound them for months to buy $300 bottles of exotic fruit juice or snake oil. Who wouldn't hate our industry after having an experience like that?

A good company offers reasonably-priced consumable products that people buy over and over again (think food products, personal care items, home care, candles/scent products, makeup/cosmetics, and yes, even some vitamins/supplements).

A company whose products sell one time is a company whose reps will become burned out because they never see the effects of residual income. They make a one-time profit from each customer and then need to try to find another. Their results on Day 1000 (if they last that long!) will be the same as their results on Day 30: If they find a new customer, they make money. If they don't find a new customer, they don't make money.

Last edited by BTHodgeman; 12-28-2015 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Be open, honest and provide great quality service.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:03 AM
WAHM Regular

Find Network Marketing companies that actually have genuine, good products that will HELP people in their lives. I am involved in a healthcare-related industry because I believe (1) healthcare is a hot topic issue due to the increasing costs of healthcare and I believe that our healthcare system in the U.S. is one of the worst. Also (2), people can find that these products will help them SAVE MONEY in healthcare costs. I encourage anyone who is actually looking for something legitimate to at least check out my business opportunity.

For recruiting purposes we need to avoid advertising 'get rich quick' with ads/pictures of fat wads of cash, standing next to the Mercedez Benz, or the PayPal accounts with large dollar amounts. I have joined several Facebook Work at home type groups and I am finding that most of the groups are littered with these types of scams. This is misleading and I think a major reason why so many people are quick to say that Network Marketing is a scam. When 9 out of 10 posts are scam posts then it would be easy for someone to assume that the actual legitimate opportunity is also a SCAM. While I believe achieving wealth and financial freedom in a home-based business is very possible it takes a ton of work and I think a lot of people are fooled into thinking they can just sit at home and get a weekly paycheck. If it were that easy EVERYONE WOULD BE DOING IT!

The first thing I hear from EVERYONE involved in Network Marketing is to use warm marketing by talking to your friends and family and try to get them involved in your business. In my opinion I think this is a HUGE MISTAKE. You want to recruit people with entrepreneurial, marketing/sales skills. Not just anyone and everyone. If you recruit your best bud who doesn't have a clue what he or she is doing guess what? They will QUIT and not only can this damage your relationship but damage your company and label you and the company as a SCAM. Find people who have the drive for success, who have initiative, the go getter types!
Old 12-29-2015, 10:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaakGroup View Post
Find Network Marketing companies that actually have genuine, good products that will HELP people in their lives.
I couldn't agree more - and this is the key to actually making money. If your company offers one-time use products or products that provide no benefits or are out-of-reach to consumers, you will fail in business.

Quote:
For recruiting purposes we need to avoid advertising 'get rich quick' with ads/pictures of fat wads of cash, standing next to the Mercedez Benz, or the PayPal accounts with large dollar amounts.
That is the most annoying thing about the Facebook groups. And the ironic part is that I'll post a legitimate ad and get no likes or comments, yet the MCA/EPS/Clickscam guys who post pictures of $8000 checks and hundred dollar bills get dozens of likes and comments from people looking for information.

Quote:
The first thing I hear from EVERYONE involved in Network Marketing is to use warm marketing by talking to your friends and family and try to get them involved in your business. In my opinion I think this is a HUGE MISTAKE. You want to recruit people with entrepreneurial, marketing/sales skills.
Bingo - I have never approached my warm market with the business opportunity other than letting them know that I have a business. Now, your warm market can and should be some of your best customers - but being a good customer or a great friend does not mean that they will be a good business owner. Sure, your success rate of getting them to join will be higher because they know and trust you, but as you say, it could damage your friendship or relationship if they get into the business not knowing what to expect and ultimately fail or lose money because of it.

Great insight here - thanks for posting!
Brent
Old 12-29-2015, 11:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTHodgeman View Post
That is the most annoying thing about the Facebook groups. And the ironic part is that I'll post a legitimate ad and get no likes or comments, yet the MCA/EPS/Clickscam guys who post pictures of $8000 checks and hundred dollar bills get dozens of likes and comments from people looking for information.
It's amazing how in this day in age people are still sold on the get rich quick scheme. I have networked with a few people on Facebook already who are looking for legitimate home-based positions and I have heard all of the terrible life stories for why they are in the position they are in. And every single person I have talked to have all said the same thing, "I have been scammed before." It's frustrating because they then get freaked out about the $24.95/year startup costs because they immediately think that having to pay to work is a scam.

Now granted someone like this is not going to be a success in Network Marketing anyways so I don't see it as a great loss..until I see them posting on rip-off report talking about how MLMs are such a scam.

People don't understand that being in Network Marketing is like owning a franchise. If I were to go start a McDonalds franchise I wouldn't call it a scam because I have to pay for the location, the employees, the inventory, etc. I guarantee that startup cost is WAY more then $24.95/year..and I wouldn't get to work from home with that franchise. Better yet I think about Realtors..sure they may work for a business but ultimately their success is dependent on how well they advertise themselves and how good they are at selling homes.

Last edited by TheLaakGroup; 12-29-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:28 PM
WAHM Addict

Just work with the willing. Those looking for a real opportunity will see it or as mentioned get scammed and learn. When people tell me MLM is a scam I just say thanks for your opinion. The great thing about MLM is you don't have to convince the world. All it takes is a select few.

Now as for warm market from my observation it's a very important market because most people coming into MLM are not sales people so the best market is the warm market because a person in most instances can call a friend or family member and Say check this out. Ask any major money earner in MOM and the will tell you the warm market is the best market. I suggest people take a look at Art Williams warm market video on you tube.

So in closing next...
Old 05-14-2016, 11:27 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Warm Market

I personally have had great success with my warm market because the company I'm with has just ONE product that has personally changed my health & life. I'm a product of the product and since my friends & family can see my transformation in person, it sells itself. I find it more difficult to approach a stranger and convince them that I really was a completely different human 2 months ago. :-P
Old 05-15-2016, 07:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Be Nice

Thatís the secret formula to standing out in this profession. Most network marketers just arenít nice.