Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Feel like giving up any help?

So i know i'm just frustrated i'm in my third MLM and i just want to help people regardless if they buy from me or not and i'm trying to help people and be friendly and nice but people just look at me awkward and seems no one wants to have a real conversation anymore i'm reading how to win friends and influence people and trying to put the tips in that book into place but it's like everyone does not want to talk me no one i repeat no one wants have real conversation anymore and it pisses me off sorry but it does.

I try to keep the conversation focused on them only but even then it's like no thanks.

I just feel like i sometime would be better off working for someone else and putting nuts on bolts in a factory then doing MLM but i know that does not pay the income i desire.

Any help it's just frustrating when you want to make conversation and no one wants to talk to you. and excuse my grammar but i do have a learning disability.

Any advice?

Last edited by Fitnessfreak158; 06-06-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2015, 11:51 PM
WAHM Addict

Be yourself. Some will, some won't, so what. Just keep plugging along. If need be go get a job for as long as you need to. Just understand time stops for no one. Have a plan and work the plan...
Old 06-07-2015, 11:00 AM
WAHM Addict

Smile

Hi! I'm just thinking that people are tired of MLMs. They are tired of "sales pitches" and just don't want to spend any time on them. They know what products they want to buy and what kind of businesses they would be interested in. And, times have changed a lot since Dale Carnegie wrote his book.

I would suggest two things. First, only approach people who have expressed interest and then don't use a "spiel." Just approach them the way you would want to be approached. The second thing is maybe consider a business that's not an MLM.

I hope that helps!

Blinky :-)
Old 06-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile

aaah, don't give up.

Sounds like you want to help people... and that you care... and that you are looking for ways to improve by reading books etc....those are all great things!

Remember that expression 'you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink'. Try to detach from he outcome. I know that is hard... but it sure makes you sleep better if you can.

It could be that people feel like you're talking to them because you're trying to make your way around eventually back to the biz. That is one of the problems with warm market prospecting. No one wants to feel like they're befriending or being befriended just to be a prospect.

You know... I've been learning about how to 'attract people to me' instead... so that I'm actually talking to people that are interested and looking.

Do you have a Facebook page or a blog that you can post positive stuff and even notes about what you're learning... to start generating a new following?

We all have days like how you're feeling...
Dorothy
Old 06-07-2015, 03:58 PM
WAHM Fanatic

To me, it sounds like you are simply talking to the wrong audience. Trust me, there are people out here in cyber space buying everything under the sun so somewhere there is the right audience to share your message with.

I'd suggest brushing up on some Internet Marketing skills and go find the 'right' people. people who are looking for what you have to offer - people with the means to buy what you are offering. There are lots of people looking for good companies so they can make more money.

Don't give up as building residual income is one of the smartest ways to build wealth

Old 06-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello,

If you are read the book How to win friends and influence people, you are already on the path to success.

Do you know how many times Thomas Edison failed.

Keep on keeping on!

Persistence is the key to success. Almost always when I am learning something new, I am thinking to myself how difficult this is.

Later when I look back, I think this is easy now and I once thought it was difficult.

There is another great site called ibo tool box where you can meet proven buyers, otherwise known as network marketers.

It is easy to associate with these entrepreneurs there.

Don't try to sell them your business.

Example: You have a cat business, they have a dog business. Do not try to get them to leave their dog business to join your cat business.

I would love to show you a better way but i don't want to break any rules here.

It may be easy to find my picture on the other social site. Just look for a person pointing a camera and looking at you.

Best wishes and never quit trying to get better.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:48 PM
WAHM Addict

Just a side note. Many people at one time or another have thought about giving up. The thing is you have to consider your why. Why do you want to be in business? You have to surround yourself with like minded people. Do a you tube search on different leaders in different companies to find some gems.

Holton Buggs has some good ones. Brian Carruthers. Todd Falcons. Eric Worre. Go to MLM Nation and listen to some of the pod cast. MLM may not be for you which is ok but fight the good fight before you leave. Your not alone. I wish you the best.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitnessfreak158 View Post
Any advice?
Building a successful MLM business is like running a marathon, it's long, hard and takes perseverance. If your "why" is strong enough, you will be able to overcome the "no's" and move on. It can be frustrating, but you need to have thick skin. And most importantly, NEVER GIVE UP!
Old 06-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Awesome WAHM

It really is all about being involved in something you truly love!! That passion will come through in the way you talk, your body language and most importantly in how hard you work it. You may believe you are passionate about whatever MLM you are currently promoting. Be sure you honestly love the product or service.

Never give up on your dream!! You get to start over every morning.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:18 AM
California Girl!

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitnessfreak158 View Post
So i know i'm just frustrated i'm in my third MLM and i just want to help people regardless if they buy from me or not and i'm trying to help people and be friendly and nice but people just look at me awkward and seems no one wants to have a real conversation anymore i'm reading how to win friends and influence people and trying to put the tips in that book into place but it's like everyone does not want to talk me no one i repeat no one wants have real conversation anymore and it pisses me off sorry but it does.

I try to keep the conversation focused on them only but even then it's like no thanks.

I just feel like i sometime would be better off working for someone else and putting nuts on bolts in a factory then doing MLM but i know that does not pay the income i desire.

Any help it's just frustrating when you want to make conversation and no one wants to talk to you. and excuse my grammar but i do have a learning disability.

Any advice?
Here's what it is...

In general, no one wants to have a conversation about mlm and mlm products.

People WILL have a conversation with you once you've established that they are either:
1. Looking for a way to make more money or
2. Looking for a solution to a problem that your mlm products solve.

It's really how you approach people. And you've got to approach the right kinds of people.

I've read How to Influence People and it's a good book, but that book won't completely solve your problem.

The problem is not mlm as someone alluded to, nor is the problem your mlm. The problem is you. The great thing is that you can always get better and you are 100% fixable! :-)

The first place to start is write down all the reasons why someone would want a home business. If you're not sure, all you have to do is look in this forum for people's why for starting their business. Remember, no one wants a business - people want a business for what they think it can do for them.

You have to really understand your prospects or else you'll never be able to talk their language. I believe this is the issue you're facing.

So, that's where I suggest you start.

Tags
conversation, introvert, network marketing, talking