Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Personal development

I am very interested in personal development and would like to know what CDs are you listening to. Any recommendations? I have several books on my list but I have also been told the best system to learn the Network Marketing business is to listen for 30 minutes everyday as well. Thanks.

Last edited by sue311; 12-18-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi, Suzette,

What a great motivational tool!
Here are a few of my my favorites that I read when I first started with Apriori Beauty:

"Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment"
—The Go Giver, by Bob Burg and John David Mann

"Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth."
1 Corinthians 10.24

"Do you add to or take away from the experience of your customers and colleagues? Do you move your organization closer to or further from its goals? Do you perform your work in an ordinary way, or do you execute it superbly? Do you lighten someone's burden or add to it? Do you lift someone up or put someone down?
Nobody can prevent your from choosing to be exceptional. At the end of the day, the only question that matters is, What kind of difference did you make?"
- The Fred Factor, by Mark Sanborn

"It is often the small kindnesses - the smiles, gestures, compliments, favors - that make our day and can even change our lives."
- The Power of Nice" by Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval

Best wishes for business and lifelong success!
xo Candace
Old 12-19-2014, 03:47 PM
Super WAHM

I LOVE PD! I'm reading a great book by Doug Addison called "Personal Development God's Way." There might be a cd as well? I also love Chalene Johnson's podcasts. Great job of working on yourself! PD is great!
Old 12-19-2014, 05:34 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I am reading "Who Moved My Cheese". A gentleman at work saw me reading it and recommended a YouTube video about the Fish Philosophy. I saw this book in the email " The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" so I borrowed it from the library. I started talking to him about the book (7 Habits..) Its amazing when you open yourself up to change how things start happening.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Awesome WAHM

I enjoyed Train Your Brain by Dana Wilde. It is great to apply these principles to everything you want to achieve.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:04 PM
Super WAHM

Hi Suzette!

I just bought the Go Pro book by Eric Worre and he has TONS of content on his YouTube channel that I've been consuming lately! I believe he also has a CD set he sells and I will look into getting it next year. There are a ton of other personal development speakers online you can listen to also - all the popular names: Zig Ziglar, Jim Rohn, Brian Tracey, etc.

I know that Sarah Robbins has a book & also a CD set that I'm considering buying. It's nice to hear about the industry from a women's perspective, KWIM? ;-) Her book is "Rock Your Network Marketing Business: How to Become a Network Marketing Rock Star". And the CDs are the "Rock Star Recruiting School Combo". They're at Network Marketing Books, Audios and Resources by Sarah Robbins.

Hope you find these suggestions helpful!

Lori
Old 12-20-2014, 05:35 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Thanks ladies for all your suggestions.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Super WAHM

As for books I have read recently one stand out is Oprah Winfrey's "What I Know For Sure"
It is a beautiful book with it's hardcover to look at then you open the pages and get drawn into Oprah's journey and wisdom on life as she see's it. I LOVE IT!

I also read "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coehlo
If you are on a spiritual journey of self enlightenment then these two books tick the boxes.

I am just starting on Eckhart Tolle "The Power of Now"
If you have read or do read Oprah's book you will see this book mentioned frequently.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Awesome WAHM

Because of Lori's recommendation of "Go Pro" by Eric Worre, I just finished reading it
and would also highly recommend it to all in Network Marketing. It is a very simple and
straightforward read, makes total sense and is easy to apply his principles.

I found that I was already doing many of his suggestions that I had learned on my own in
the years I've been in NM. I really like his explanation of how to start a new consultant -
what a great blueprint!

Thank you, Lori!
xo Candace
Old 01-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Super WAHM

Candy, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm doing a series in another thread about what were the top tips in each chapter. I think others are going to post golden nuggets about what they are reading also, so you all may want to stop over there and check it out (I think it was in the networking board?).

I also just got "Rock Your Network Marketing Business" and that is my read for this month! I look forward to getting a women's perspective!

Happy New Year everyone!